• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to buy a set of new tires for my wife's truck. Where is the most inexpensive place to buy tires? I can install them myself and I have been looking online but I'm looking at nearly $100 for shipping. Any local options?

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Check the brand dealer for that truck. I lucked into finding a local Nissan dealer having a sale on tires and they came in at about internet price on the same tire. Good luck.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check the brand dealer for that truck. I lucked into finding a local Nissan dealer having a sale on tires and they came in at about internet price on the same tire. Good luck.
    Thank you sir. Unfortunately this is for a Suzuki SUV and they quit importing the damn things! Of course the tires for this truck cost as much as the Z rated tires on my Z28!

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive heard good things about tirerack.com, no personal experience though.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was looking fer tires fer my truck and checked the tire store I have dealt w/ fer years, $1600......I was getting service at the Chevy dealer in Milton, fer the same tire 1K!!! Guess you know where I got my tires!

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    internet will be the cheapest place most likley, tirerack is good as someone mentioned. but dont buy the cheapest tires you can find, they are one of the most important parts of a vehicle. brakes and tires are 2 things you should never cheap out on.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call Airport Salvage out here in West Mobile. 5 tires for my Jeep (mounted and balanced) were only about $800 or so. They're hard to find but they do good work, fast

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Check out TCI on Telegraph road in Mobile. I got the last set for my Jeep from them and they blew Fairhope Tire's prices out of the water.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For full service, Sam's Club used to have very competitive prices to include lifetime rotation, balancing. Not sure of they are still competitive anymore.

DragonSlayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never had a bad experience with Dave Howell Tire. Good people and good customer service. Online tires are priced good, but you get hammered trying to get them mounted & balanced and good price.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know people will say other wise but I have had good experiences with the inexpensive primewells that Tires Plus sells. I know they are a Chinese made tire but I have put them on three different vehicles (Saturn, Ranger, F150), two of which went well over mileage warranty (Saturn and Ranger) and have had zero problems with them. I just put the third set of highway 265/75/16's on my F150 and I was out the door for under $500 mounted, balanced, and road hazard.

If I remember right the Saturn and Ranger tires came in under $300 OTD.

We will see how this set does on the heavier F150 but I don't expect to have any problems with them provided I rotate and balance them like I am suppose to.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you folks for your replies. I contacted a friend that runs his own shop and he is willing to get me tires at cost. I think I'll go with him but I'm still debating paying a little more for a company like Wal Mart that can service the tires at odd hours if I'm out of town. I hate buying tires, you drop 4,5,6 hundred dollars or more into a vehicle and literally have made no monetary investment... Basically I'm up in the air with this decision and I'm sure I'll make a hasty, last minute one!

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For full service, Sam's Club used to have very competitive prices to include lifetime rotation, balancing. Not sure of they are still competitive anymore.

Most people don't know this, but Sams will rotate, balance, and fix a flat for any tire for FREE if you are a member. Doesn't matter where you bought your tires. Just a little something most don't know about.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I hate buying tires, you drop 4,5,6 hundred dollars or more into a vehicle and literally have made no monetary investment... !
    +1 I have to buy a set of All Terrains for the Z71 and hate to spend the $700 to &800 plus on them.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    A lot of people balk at SAMs but we get ours there and buy the road service protection and I can tell you it has payed off several times I've popped two tires and had both replaced for 15.00 each. That's a plus in my book

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I deal with advance tires in pace, bought a set of michlens ? for my explorer , they seem to be good folks to deal with!! Denny

Latest posts

Top Bottom