APOD Firearms

Anybody ever use one of the glock rmr dovetail mounts??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A few years back I tried one on a 1911. It put the dot so damned high up that it just felt awkward as hell. It stayed in place in the one range day I had it on there before taking it off (and scratching the hell out of the slide in the process). As for holding zero, I never actually got the gun zeroed, though that might have been more user error than anything else.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I ordered one from dovemount.com. Comes with suppressor height rear sight thats built in front of the optic and a new front sight you can get either fiber optic or tritium.
    I have discovered I like the rear iron sight to be in front of the optic for a couple of reasons.
    It offers a little protection to the optic and you can rack the slide with it without potential harm to the optic.
    But perhaps the biggest reason I find my eyes are better able to block out the iron sights when using the dot. With the iron sight behind the optic I find myself trying to line up the optic dot in the rear sight notch. Doesnt happen with iron sight in front

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I know it's not the same, but similar is one from Meprolight. I bought one for my P30ls, but haven't installed it yet. I like that the RDS is QD, and gives one unobtrusive use of the night sights.
    https://www.meprolight.com/product/mepro-micrords/
    I also purchased one of their bullseye sights and installed in on my USPc
    Just more options...

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    See them everyday wondering who uses them??? You know the mount plate that goes in the rear sight groove.

I'm sending a slide off to rock your Glock today to be refinished and what they call, melted and tapped for the Hollison 507K. In the picture it does not look milled so I'm not sure what I'm gonna get but it's the extra slide I had anyways and the price was only like 125 bucks For everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I know it's not the same, but similar is one from Meprolight. I bought one for my P30ls, but haven't installed it yet. I like that the RDS is QD, and gives one unobtrusive use of the night sights.
    https://www.meprolight.com/product/mepro-micrords/
    I also purchased one of their bullseye sights and installed in on my USPc
    Just more options...
    I actually completely stripped this brand-new pistol down tonight and did all my upgrades, including mounting the Mepro night sights & MicroRDS

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_211225704.jpg
      IMG_20240225_211225704.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 20
    • IMG_20240225_211759780.jpg
      IMG_20240225_211759780.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 19

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Why don't you use the mounting plate instead of the rail??
    The rail is integrated into the rear sight. The sights and QD-RDS came in a complete kit, flip a lever and I have night sights! Unlike the VP series, I've never seen a stock P30 with an optic cut. Kind of a bummer removing the new stock night sights, too bad they won't fit a USP. I will sell them and buy another set, that will complete the USP. For which I just scored another TLR-3 with a green laser! Soon I'll be able to take a new HK family portrait...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The rail is integrated into the rear sight. The sights and QD-RDS came in a complete kit, flip a lever and I have night sights! Unlike the VP series, I've never seen a stock P30 with an optic cut. Kind of a bummer removing the new stock night sights, too bad they won't fit a USP. I will sell them and buy another set, that will complete the USP. For which I just scored another TLR-3 with a green laser! Soon I'll be able to take a new HK family portrait...
    Ok. Looked like an rmr cover plate under the sight.

harleypower69

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use a dovetail mount with a QD red dot on my Glock 31 C. I chose not to mill my original slide. Yes, it sits high but works well for me. I did the same on my HK 45CT as it’s a German gun and didn’t want to change it permanently.

harleypower69

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here you go. It is made by Meprolight, quick detach and has rear sight built in once RDS is removed. I shoot full power 357 Sig in this Gen3, 31C and it takes it no problem so far after approximately.2,600 rounds
    IMG_8956.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8957.jpeg
      IMG_8957.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 6
    • IMG_8958.jpeg
      IMG_8958.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 6
    • IMG_8959.jpeg
      IMG_8959.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 6
    • IMG_8960.jpeg
      IMG_8960.jpeg
      1.8 MB · Views: 7

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Here you go. It is made by Meprolight, quick detach and has rear sight built in once RDS is removed. I shoot full power 357 Sig in this Gen3, 31C and it takes it no problem so far after approximately.2,600 rounds View attachment 276016
    Looks very solid. Is that a set screw in the middle? Hard to believe they build a qd that small.

harleypower69

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, set screw into dovetail. Top loading battery (CR2032) unobstructed by protective halo
    (Unlike my Trijicon RMR on both accounts). I bought it awhile back on sale from Sportsmans.

harleypower69

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PS Fits tight in dovetail and I used my sight pusher to install the base. It is well built and though high above bore it works well for me. The pigs out back in Tate’s Hell Forest don’t like it

Top Bottom