Target Sports

Any DirecTV installers on here ? I have a question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have standard service (no HD) using three D10-200 receivers and an old Phase III dish, which may have gotten knocked around in a storm about two weeks ago. I lost the signal during heavy rain (rain fade) and never got it back. The receiver says no satellite signal found.

Even after 18 years as a customer, DTV wants to charge me $49.95 to send someone out in two weeks to tell me, "yep, it's broke", or buy a maintenance plan.

I have a First Strike FS1 meter but it, my receivers, two apps on my phone, and half a dozen sat-finder websites are all telling me something different. I am in Zip Code 32506.

I have aligned the older single LNB dishes many times in the past with no problems, but can't seem to get a signal stronger than 65% on the 110.1W. I also have two dishes mounted on tripods, and have tried moving them (one at a time) all around the yard looking for a better signal. I read a 70% signal or better is required, so that may be why I can get anything to show on the signal strength meter on the receivers.

And yes, I paid my bill and my account is active. While on the website, I also reactivated all three receivers, but it didn't help.

So, what I need to know is, which satellite am I supposed to be aiming at? Is it the 101.1W, 110.1W, or the 119.1W?

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Top Bottom