• JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I was hoping the deep south was immune.

City Wants Power to “Disarm Individuals” During Crisis

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    February 26, 2013

Guntersville (Ala.) Mayor Leigh Dollar is working with city officials to pass an ordinance that would give police the power to “disarm individuals” during a disaster, a chilling example of how the second amendment is being assaulted via the back door.

The new rule would allow authorities to confiscate guns of “unruly” people during an extreme weather event such as the April 2011 tornadoes or any other emergency.

“The ordinance states officers could disarm individuals, if necessary, reports ABC 31. “Dollar says the proposal is just way to give officers more authority to protect themselves.”

Dollar denied that the ordinance would be used to take away constitutional rights, but residents questioned why authorities would need to pass a new ordinance given that police already have the power to arrest citizens who are being “unruly,” whether armed or not.

“Well, it seems like an infringement on the 2nd Amendment and that’s the biggest problem I have with it,” said Guntersville Music Academy teacher Paul Landry.

Authorities are seemingly attempting to mirror unconstitutional gun grab powers that were enacted in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

In the aftermath of Katrina, the New Orleans Police, National Guard troops, and U.S. Marshals confiscated firearms. “Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns,” New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass declared as he prepared to violate the Second Amendment.

The National Guard conducted warrantless house-to-house searches, targeting not just Hurricane-hit areas under the pretext of stopping violent looters, but also high and dry homes that were not even affected by the storm.

Authorities even confiscated pistols from old ladies, as documented in the video below.

The Guntersville gun grab ordinance will be on the city council agenda at their meeting on March 4th.

Video in the link if you don't want to read.

http://www.infowars.com/city-wants-power-to-disarm-individuals-during-crisis/

Ray

Shooter
    More reason we all need to wake up quickly and run the hell out of any and all politicians that are trying to take away our rights. This is America no matter how bad Obama wishes it wasn`t.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    I would think by the time the attacked a few homes to disarm the residents that their would be less of them still walking to continue the assault.

outside9

Master
    "Guntersville (Ala.) Mayor Leigh Dollar is working with city officials to pass an ordinance that would give police the power to “disarm individuals” during a disaster, a chilling example of how the second amendment is being assaulted via the back door".

No to make lite of this, but does Guntersville have many disaters?

Telum Pisces

Master
    "Guntersville (Ala.) Mayor Leigh Dollar is working with city officials to pass an ordinance that would give police the power to “disarm individuals” during a disaster, a chilling example of how the second amendment is being assaulted via the back door".

No to make lite of this, but does Guntersville have many disaters?

Most of AL, especially the mid to north sections have a high risk of tornados many times.

adrenaline

Expert
    Most of AL, especially the mid to north sections have a high risk of tornados many times.

How many riots have you ever heard of in N. Alabama after a tornado??? I have been through one and all we got was an overwhelming act of kindness and willing to help. Not bashing, just pointing out how ridiculous this is!!!

Hossfly72

Marksman
    If local mayors start this crap, I REALLY feel bad for the officers sent to confiscate the arms. I've always been respectful of police and law enforcement, and I always will..... Unless they do this.. Won't fly and WILL get somebody killed.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    There is a bill in the State Senate right now that would among other things, make state laws the only firearms laws to prevent cities and counties from doing this type of stuff. However, most all of the county sheriffs are fighting it because it would also change the pistol permits from "may issue" to "shall issue".

SB 286 seeks to restore and protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners in Alabama by addressing the following issues:

No employer may prohibit the otherwise lawful possession, transportation or storage of firearms or ammunition that is kept out of sight within a locked or attended private vehicle of an invitee who is otherwise permitted to operate or park that vehicle on the property. This would allow employees to carry a firearm during their commute to and from work.

Repeals the requirement to obtain a pistol permit in order to carry a pistol in a vehicle. (Note: this would not allow for the concealed carry in a vehicle unless a valid pistol permit is possessed.)

Shifts the current “May Issue” concealed carry permit system to a “Shall Issue” permit system and requires that a sheriff must issue the carry permit within thirty days. Should someone be denied a permit, a written denial must be provided and that applicant would have an opportunity to appear before an appeal panel.

A permit to carry a concealed pistol shall be good for one to five years (to be decided by the person seeking the carry permit).

Requires sheriffs to use the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to conduct a background check on concealed pistol permit applicants.

Allows for all other valid state-issued permits to carry a concealed firearm to be recognized in Alabama.

Strengthens Alabama’s firearms preemption statute by reserving for the state legislature complete control over regulation and policy relating to firearms, ammunition and firearm accessories in order to ensure that such regulation is applied uniformly throughout the state.

Seanpcola

The actual disconnect between normalcy and Lib-Ville is in the reaction to a crisis. I was in the Huntsville/Guntersville area after their tornado weekend. Normal people picking up and getting on with their lives, helping their neighbors and such. Then, I give you New Orleans, LA. How about all of the floods in Missouri and Tennessee compared to the upper East Coast, NJ, NY and Sandy? Saw lots of videos of incredulous folks wondering why someone didn't "do something" to get their life back on track ASAFP! The MO and TN folks started fixing things with no time for interviews and complaints.

Maybe it's all natural selection. A few more bad winters, well aimed hurricanes, some quakes in the right part of CA, and this country can get back to some level of reality.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    After Sandy, watching those "incredulous folks wondering why someone didn't "do something" to get their life back on track" made me embarrassed to to be of the same species. My wife got irritated with me because I was yelling at them to pick up a shovel and get busy instead of whining. New Orleans, well, nothing can be said about that cesspool.

Snow Bird

Master
    Sean and John I spent most of my life in Mo and Ia. We went through a major flood every 20 years or so and you are right. We all pulled together... If I never see another sand bag or snow flake again it will be to soon. The natonal gard came to help during the major floods but those guys were away from home and helped not one complant... They helped and weren't there to get our guns or keep the peace. Some people in the east were complaning about being cold and weren't smart enough to put a tarp ofer the hole in the wall. Fema may be a joke but once in awhile you have to look after your self

Hossfly72

Marksman
    I'm a bit obsessive compulsive. For example, when I used to fly, I did the pre landing check no less than four times before I landed. I just felt better knowing I was sure the gear was down and I don't like loud noises, like skidding in on my belly. I'm even more OCD about NOT letting the govt take care of me. I figure I can handle damn near anything that comes my way. How is an elected moron a thousand miles away gonna help me? Having some National Guardsmen there to help would be a blessing. I'll admit I can't lift heavy stuff like I used to be able to. I've got neighbors I love,trust, and cherish. Their kids know they can come over here anytime they want or need and my monkey knows she can go to them for help.
    I just can't understand the entitlement mentality that has swept over this country like a zombie virus. I'm only 44, so I'm not THAT far removed from the young people these days, but I just wasn't raised that way. Maybe because Dad was a Marine. I don't know. My wife is a teacher at a local college and the stories she tells me about her students are frightening. The stories about the political beauacracy (I can't spell that word!) among the staff are even worse! I'm pretty sure the BS began when we let the government decide what exactly constitutes an education. I can see the problems, but the steps to fix them are obscured, or worse, they have already been planned for years in advance and countered by the Liberal agenda. I don't even know where my thoughts were taking this post, but after listening to my wife's fears for an hour or more, I'm scared of what my country has become all the way down to it's roots. And I'm afraid Thomas Jefferson was correct in his thoughts about when and how the tree of Liberty should be watered. There's going to be violence in this country before too long. I've talked to several soldiers and several law enforcement officers and I know where they stand and trust them to be on the right side, but they are just the few that I know. How many will blindly follow unconstitutional orders? Somebody, eventually, will come to take my guns. They will have to beat me to death with them though, because I'll have already emptied them against the ones that come before them. Scared? Paranoid? Even a conspiracy theorist? Yup! I am. But not nearly as much as I'm determined not to let the bastards win.

Last edited:

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Hoss,
    Well said man! I am the same age as you and was raised in a liberal home. Thank God I moved away from family and saw the light.I have remained quiet the last few years afraid that they have been watching and listening more than they should. I have had this sinking feeling in my gut for years that something bad is going to happen. Of course people called me paranoid too. I have this notion that its going to be the war of the HAVES and HAVE NOTS, its very possible they intend to disarm us before the mass riots begin. Im afraid there will be no winners if the Police & Military fire upon armed citizens, Its a natural reaction as an American to defend yourself against oppression.One other thing... I vote and contact my repsentatives because it is my responsibility, but i really think they are'nt listening anymore. The people representing the people are doing as they wish without the fear of consequence, or we citizens would'nt be talking about this . If others truly love their freedom its time to stand up. Like minded people need to get together or we will fall one by one.

Top Bottom