Patriot Mobile

And here we are...Biden calls for new gun legislation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You still have choices. By the way there are worst things then being killed by an armored car. Most likely rather than tanks a RPG or other sort of explosive projectile/rocket. Ever see a non-reinforced masonry wall that had been hit by a russian RPG.

yes, actually I have. Here is a picture of me with one on a Corps of Engineers testing range where we fire them to test different ways to protect soldiers and vehicles from the things.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
      IMG_0022.JPG
      227.4 KB · Views: 79

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yes, actually I have. Here is a picture of me with one on a Corps of Engineers testing range where we fire them to test different ways to protect soldiers and vehicles from the things.
    Then you know it is not necessary to haul around a piece of armored equipment to deal with a typical civilian dwelling.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Then you know it is not necessary to haul around a piece of armored equipment to deal with a typical civilian dwelling.

As you said in an earlier post........................
    "A rifle allows one to express your will at a distance and if you are a good shot exert your will at a distance; the more bullets in the gun and the more expressing/exerting one can do."

If you're going to be doing that sort of thing, yeah, they'll show up with a strong show of force. They don't want their folks shot to pieces.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is the launcher.

That's right, surely you don't think the Army would let us sit around an office with a loaded RPG? These things are strictly controlled and the safety bar is set high. We don't even shoulder fire them. They have a deal built to hold them and they are fired remotely from a safety bunker several hundred yards away. These things are captured from various combatants and they suspect they could be sabotaged to detonate when they're fired. That's good enough for me.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As you said in an earlier post........................
    "A rifle allows one to express your will at a distance and if you are a good shot exert your will at a distance; the more bullets in the gun and the more expressing/exerting one can do."

If you're going to be doing that sort of thing, yeah, they'll show up with a strong show of force. They don't want their folks shot to pieces.

the important item is " the people led to the slaughter house." this is only to prevent hypothetically being led to the slaughter house and I do not advocate shooting feds. I am the most law abiding person ever. Not a single speeding ticket in my whole life even. I own no contraband.

1613455311519.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Unless you have your own anti tank gun... just saying
    Or your own tank. It's not illegal to own a tank or a cannon. The enemy, whoever it happens to be, foreign or domestic, better hope I never get to be a billionaire because I will bring back the true meaning of the word "rail gun"
    Screenshot_20210216-001820_Chrome.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Or your own tank. It's not illegal to own a tank or a cannon. The enemy, whoever it happens to be, foreign or domestic, better hope I never get to be a billionaire because I will bring back the true meaning of the word "rail gun"
    Like the musical goes 'if I was a rich man'

Seriously with armor and gunships in the hands of a dictatorship, even a nation of civilians armed with plentiful AR's would have a hard time of it to directly confront such a force. this along with all of the digital information that everyone in the world has about usa civilians.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the important item is " the people led to the slaughter house." this is only to prevent hypothetically being led to the slaughter house and I do not advocate shooting feds. I am the most law abiding person ever. Not a single speeding ticket in my whole life even. I own no contraband.

View attachment 108890
    Hopefully it won't come to all of this.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " Or your own tank. It's not illegal to own a tank or a cannon. The enemy, whoever it happens to be, foreign or domestic, better hope I never get to be a billionaire because I will bring back the true meaning of the word "rail gun".

Yep, if you got the cash you can buy all the tanks you want. A buddy of mine up in Florala has several. He sponsors WW2 reenactments and they have filmed a few movies up there on his place. I'm not certain but if the thing has an operable main gun it is an NFA item. There is a big ranch in Texas where you can go to drive and fire one.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think a tank or a RPG round is the first thing coming to your door. No tank rounds have been fired against people in the U.S. that I'm aware of. Bombs have been used (Philly and Dallas) by LE. Though official Davidian siege documents report only personnel carriers and "Combat Engineer Vehicles": referred to as CEV1 and CEV2, images clearly show an unaltered M1 Battle Tank circling, punching holes and damaging structure. Vehicles were also "run over" to prevent their use in escape but I don't know which tracted vehicle was used.

Keep house and auto insurance policies up to date. Lol

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think a tank or a RPG round is the first thing coming to your door. No tank rounds have been fired against people in the U.S. that I'm aware of. Bombs have been used (Philly and Dallas) by LE. Though official Dividian siege documents report only personnel carriers and "Combat Engineer Vehicles": referred to as CEV1 and CEV2, images clearly show an unaltered M1 Battle Tank circling, punching holes and damaging structure. Vehicles were also "run over" to prevent their use in escape but I don't know which tracted vehicle was used.

Keep house and auto insurance policies up to date. Lol

"I don't think a tank or a RPG round is the first thing coming to your door"

Only because nobody has opened fire on government troops coming to get their guns!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Only because nobody has opened fire on government troops coming to get their guns!
    We are a long way from being to that point yet.
    Here is a What if and if it involves a Federal LEO getting hurt it becomes very important. Look at what the congress is doing over the 4 capitol LEOs that mostly died of strokes and heart attacks.
    I am thinking back to the king riots of the 60's. Sometimes multiple gunmen would open fire on the police. Fortunately for the police, the people sniping at them were poor shots. But armor firing 50 BMG were used in a few extreme cases by the national guard. Think what might happen if they raid one neighbor's house and others in the subdivision open fire like what happened during the king riots.
    1613540677261.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

American tanks and airplanes, bombers in fact, have been used against Americans, just not recently. I'm more worried about the American belt fed machineguns being used against Americans then the tanks and bombers
    Screenshot_20210216-234702_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-234641_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-234350_Chrome.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The thing about a tank is even without the gun it is a formidable of piece armament just because it is so big and powerful. Tankers in war will deliberately use the tracks to kill soldiers in confined areas. They can go right through a building.

About labor strikes. Two of the men that I grew up with were present at what was called the memorial day massacre where the chicago police opened fire on labor demonstrators on the south side of chicago in 1937. Probably at least 15 were killed. The strikers had clubs and the police also had guns and people in the republic steel mill were also shooting at them

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " Tankers in war will deliberately use the tracks to kill soldiers in confined areas."

We were taught at the Armor School at Fort Knox that the tracks were a weapon to be used. Primarily to save precious ammunition. Whether they still do that today I haven't a clue

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " Tankers in war will deliberately use the tracks to kill soldiers in confined areas."

We were taught at the Armor School at Fort Knox that the tracks were a weapon to be used. Primarily to save precious ammunition. Whether they still do that today I haven't a clue
    Up close most tanks as I understand it can not lower their machine gun enough to hit up close. WWII Russians tankmen were said to prefer the nagant revolver for shooting through the ports of armored vehicles. Also the russians had troops called tank riders that went into battle riding on the outside of the tanks. Excellent infantry protection against enemy soldiers with close in antitank explosive devices.

1613573055105.png

Tank desant (Russian: танковый десант, tankovyy desant) is a military combined arms tactic, where infantry soldiers ride into an attack on tanks, then dismount to fight on foot in the final phase of the assault. Note that this differs from infantry troops merely riding on tanks as a form of ad-hoc transportation. Desant (from the French: descendre, "to disembark")

Top Bottom