• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know this may seem like a dumb question, but how are you guys storing you ammo? Growing up we never had more than a couple of boxes of any particular caliber so they just stayed in the gun safe...now with ammo madness I've got more ammo stored up than can fit on the top shelf of the safe. With over 2000 rounds of 9mm plus various other calibers I'm trying to come up with a good storage solution at looks presentable...other than numerous ammo cans stacked up in the corner of the walk-in closet. I'm just curios if anyone has any good secure solutions other than another safe just for ammo (seems a bit expensive and extreme). Thanks.

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a vacuum sealer. 9mm is what I have the most of. I just found a 1000 round bulk pack and all the other stuck is in boxes. All my other calipers are in the boxes. I like the vacuum idea for not having to grab the whole box to go shoot, but my thought was to find something that I can lock and keep organized on shelves so I can easily see what I have. I will probably just start looking at some looking storage cabinets. I was just curious what others were doing.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I keep mine in a cabinet with a few silica packs tossed in. The stuff I want to grab quickly stays in a dresser drawer - works for me. The above decribed methods posted by others would be great for long term storage and large quantities. JMO

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sock Drawer. Just kidding, I use an ammo can, temp controlled. Never had a problem.
    I had some old 410 shot shells one time that I found in my grandfathers sock drawer after he died. Probably 30-40 years old. A final salute without a misfire!
    Ammo will last a long time if it's not abused.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually I do keep a few boxes in my sock drawer - not for long term storage; just what I will be using within a few weks or even months. No problems - key to ammo storage is moisture/humidity control.
    Long term large stockpiles would need better storage protection.

Top Bottom