• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jonsey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bought a silencer from Silencer Shop October 2022(CGS Helios QDTI). Submitted October 10, 2022. I called at 12 months and I was told it was pending, nothing wrong or anything I could do to get it moving. It will be 14 months on December 10th.

Anyone else waited this long?

Any advice on how to get the process moving?

I would have got another 2 suppressors but this wait time is ridiculous.

Jonsey

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Bought a silencer from Silencer Shop October 2022(CGS Helios QDTI). Submitted October 10, 2022. I called at 12 months and I was told it was pending, nothing wrong or anything I could do to get it moving. It will be 14 months on December 10th.

Jonsey
    Fun fact....
    You can impregnate a woman and she can carry it full-term and give birth to trustee to be added and the trustee baby will bd nearly old enough to say it's first words before it arrives.
    So on the trustee part you should be able to answer that on the form as "hasn't even been born yet." LOL.
    Gotta love bureaucracy!

BeAFan

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jonsey
    Contact your congressman/senator and have them poke the ATF on your behalf, as well as write a nice lengthy opinion piece on the pitfalls of the ATF as a whole and the injustices they continue to impose on us citizens.

Tahukal

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    File a Form 1 and build your own. Could take over a month for the stamp but you'll scratch the itch a lot faster and might even prefer your homemade one.

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Yep, son bought a Surefire Can in May 2022, got approval in March 2023. Funny thing, with moving to Iowa and getting a new job he still has not used the damn thing.
    I am 63, I would love a couple of NFA item, thinking I won’t have the time to enjoy them…..

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    You can email IPB@usdoj.gov

My name is ___ . I have a pending form ____ for a ___ since ___, ___ days ago.

Serial #
    Permit #

I am concerned about not having an examiner assigned as it's well past the ATF estimated wait time on this form of ___ days per their Nov 1 update.

Please let me know how I or my state rep can aid in this process.

Thanks

ATF processing times

If it's a nics issue you can email nicsliaison@atf.gov

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0

Jonsey
    And this is the main reason I don't partake. In addition, the cost and fee are outrageous. We must add to the Second Amendment that a silencer is necessary for the "security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear a silencer shall not be infringed."

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    It took 14 months on my suppressors. Used the silencer shop kiosk that is supposed to help ease the process. Still took 14 months.
    Yeah mine took right around the same amount of time too. 14 months kind of sounds like the basic average time now, give or take a month.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    I will try what Sixgun recommends. Hopefully, it won't take another 400 days.
    In my experience, it is never a good idea to poke the bear yourself, but to have a licensed bear poker poke the bear, or wait a bit more and probably get it quicker. The bear knows what a bear can do, and usually does it because it can.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    In my experience, it is never a good idea to poke the bear yourself, but to have a licensed bear poker poke the bear, or wait a bit more and probably get it quicker. The bear knows what a bear can do, and usually does it because it can.
    Lot of truth in this statement. I did read it twice and enjoyed ea. time.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's also the option of reaching out to your congressman as well. I will say this is a little process unto itself since they have to review your request which takes time and you have to fill out some paperwork as well. Then they reach out to the ATF. Sometimes they will also reach out to the FBI when the background check is on hold with the FBI.

How did you file this one?

Typical E forms including ones I've done are about 6ish months. Last time I had one take close to a year was paper form 4s. All of these were filed individual route.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A form 1 is apparently a totally different beast than a form 4. The last form 4 (trust) I did was in 2014 and it took 7 and a half months. Two form 1's I did around the same time only took a month each. Just did another form 4 three months ago, sounds like I'm in for a longer wait this time :(.

Top Bottom