• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompson114

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking for something cheap to pop some coyotes with, realistically under 200yrds, have alot of brush. So probably not anything over 300yrds

Looking at the AGM rattler T25-256 versus ATN thor 4 and lt 320 5x10

I know the ATNs have a better refresh rate, but have read AGM have better quality.
    Does anyone have experience with these thermals.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Using the cheaper atn thor lt. Still haven't taken anything with it. Can id rabbits @80 yards. Seems to work ok for the $$$. Did have it freeze from recoil 4-5 times in about 50 rds of 22 mag, semi auto. No stutter on swing. Curious about the AGM Rattler 19,25 too.
    20231124_224639.jpg

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    ive owned the atn thor 4 for almost three years. have been very happy with it. gotten a few hogs with it. but this week when i pulled it out to look at some foxes that are coming onto the property it seems to have dulled. your mileage may vary.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    autonuc doesnt seem to fix it. i have played with focus. its just that its not vibrant like it was. you know how even the trees give off a white glow? im not seeing that anymore. of course the animals still burn hot. but maybe not quite as hot.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    autonuc doesnt seem to fix it. i have played with focus. its just that its not vibrant like it was. you know how even the trees give off a white glow? im not seeing that anymore. of course the animals still burn hot. but maybe not quite as hot.
    Can you still see clouds at night? Might need a reset maybe. I hope so.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    clouds? i dont think i have ever even looked at the sky. i will have to see. what is the import of being able to see clouds?

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    yeah, i will do that. i have a cheap bushnell digital nv with a strong ir light attached to it. its ok, but i agree, thermal is the way to go.

billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Kind of late to the party here, I was a die hard Pulsar fan and still can't denigrate their product but I had one with problems so I sent it back for repair, I bought a Thor LT to use while the Pulsar was in the shop since I hunt 3-5 nights a week when the hogs are stirring, I really like the ATN it is simple and seems to be holding up well so now my Pulsar is my back up

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I’m glad to hear you say that as I was considering a cheap NV scope that popped up on gun trader. I have never used either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    You get that thermal sorted out?
    i did the cloud thing....they looked great. but even after nucing and focusing and playing with it the picture is pretty bad, worse than it used to be. understand, a live mammal still shines like a diamond in a goats ass, so it will work...but the trees and terrain dont look as good as they did. i am saving my pennnies for a new one one day.

shootersid94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have an AGM Adder TS35-384. I love it. It will easily pick up deer and hog heat signatures from 1000 yds, and can tell the difference from 800. First two pics are about 100 yds, last pic is around 50. The phone screen pics are pixelated a bit from the scope, phone screen is a lot larger than the scope screen so you don't get as clear a picture on the phone. It has a built in battery that has battery life for several hunts, with a spot for an additional battery. It has multiple sight in profiles, and comes with a qd mount. My brother and I both use it, swapping between rifles with my point of impact problems.
    c409b4e977a79acd34a122ace7435945.jpg
    1a70456c1f8fd6ed89ed24bb81a4aba0.jpg
    6673d4646f9b0a4d411780abb1cd14a0.jpg

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom