• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I 100% agree on public hangings, but this nut deserves a firing squad...

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    No surprise there's been a lot of weak commentary going on in the media. Heard yesterday on one of the Big 3 cable networks a talking head say "he was a firearms instructor so he would know how to kill many people in a short amount of time", another said he made the rifle more deadly by adding a scope and a "tactical sling", and former FBI Director McCabe say an AR-15 was a "high powered military grade weapon" (he no doubt knows better but prefers to lie). Today on ABC while showing the bowling ally pic the anchor said "there he is aiming the AK-47 style rifle". smh

Even for these normally clueless twits this event has been a virtual smorgasbord of wrongness.

Carl

Master
    Seems odd that these nuts always target just the most innocent regular people. What is your purpose? Do you just want to be on the news? I mean every time it’s just the most pointless thing wtf?

Viking1204

Master
    I think the military dropped the ball on this. I heard on the news last night ne was an Army reservist and the Army put him in a mental health facility after he threatened to shoot up a military facility. He was then let out in the civilian world and they never notified local authorities. The inidiots need to focus more on mental health and how this nut job slipped through the cracks!

Carl

Master
    The inidiots need to focus more on mental health and how this nut job slipped through the cracks!
    That’s true but that also seems like a very slippery slope considering the potential for abuse by the anti 2A regime.

Last edited:

ABlaster

Marksman
    Seems odd that these nuts always target just the most innocent regular people. What is your purpose? Do you just want to be on the news? I mean every time it’s just the most pointless thing wtf?
    Off the top of my head I can remember a couple reasons folks do this. Religious terrorism, political terrorism, delusional mental illness (they weren’t people, they were robots), and good old fashioned resentment towards the victim population / a severe case of “I hate the world.”

Most of them don’t want to fight, they want to murder, and then most of them want to be famous for murder. They think about that fame like vikings dreamed of Valhalla. I recognize not everyone is wired that way, and for people who aren’t it seems weird, but in the social media age fame is a super powerful motivator.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    On a side note, if you want to talk about conflicted feelings imagine what his SERE instructors are going through right now!

Huh?

Not conflicted at all. Sleep like they normally do. They didn’t “train a killer”. They trained their brothers and sisters in arms to survive and return with honor. That’s it. They aren’t any more “to blame” for another person’s actions than anyone else would be.

Again, why try and put blame anywhere else than where it belongs? The dirtbag committed a heinous cowardly act. It’s the dirtbag’s FAULT.

How to deal with future dirtbags?
    1) Arm as many good guys as possible, and
    2) Stop incentivizing current dirtbags to do their deeds without fear of immediate bystander-rendered consequences or future court-rendered consequences. “Make Incarceration SUCK Again”

ABlaster

Marksman
    Settle down. It was a tongue in cheek comment about the lack of the authorities' ability to find him, not blaming anyone or any organization for his actions.

I get that tone is lost in the typed word and since the non-verbal aspect of communication is about 90% of it, that's a lot.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I don’t think he is alive anymore, walked out to the woods blew his head off and now they just have to find the body.
    That thought has crossed my mind as well, and it could be a long time before anyone comes across the remains.

Reactions: ccc

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Settle down. It was a tongue in cheek comment about the lack of the authorities' ability to find him, not blaming anyone or any organization for his actions.

I get that tone is lost in the typed word and since the non-verbal aspect of communication is about 90% of it, that's a lot.

Heard. Understood. Acknowledged.

Similarly, I wasn’t “riled up” to necessitate needing to “settle down”. Typed word and tone and all that...

Besides:

97C56E2A-DE93-4A14-BDA5-4062A7BA4182.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Something to consider….

If the shootings started at 7pm, and were at a bar and a bowling alley,
    How many here carry when out drinking? I’m not a bowler, so typically when at a bowling alley I’m drinking, and I’ll bet a lot are in the evening.

Fl law specifically addresses guns and bars, I wouldn’t be surprised if Maine does also. Further, let’s say you are carrying while at “industry”(bartender) night. How fast do you think your draw and split times will be 4-6 drinks in? What’s the chances of making actual hits with the soft lighting, probable cigarette haze and crowds?

I’m not recommending it, since it’s sorta illegal. But I’ve always felt my chances of needing a weapon are highest on the way to the car, downtown Friday night from a show or catching up with old friends.

Just something to think about if you haven’t.

sloporsche

Marksman
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Something to consider….

If the shootings started at 7pm, and were at a bar and a bowling alley,
    How many here carry when out drinking? I’m not a bowler, so typically when at a bowling alley I’m drinking, and I’ll bet a lot are in the evening.

Fl law specifically addresses guns and bars, I wouldn’t be surprised if Maine does also. Further, let’s say you are carrying while at “industry”(bartender) night. How fast do you think your draw and split times will be 4-6 drinks in? What’s the chances of making actual hits with the soft lighting, probable cigarette haze and crowds?

I’m not recommending it, since it’s sorta illegal. But I’ve always felt my chances of needing a weapon are highest on the way to the car, downtown Friday night from a show or catching up with old friends.

Just something to think about if you haven’t.
    another thing is this guy was once a good guy with a gun until he started hearing demons

Top Bottom