• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    maybe im just getting old and cantankerous but it really aggravates me when is see “is this still available” response to posts. i refuse to answer them. nearly 100% of those offering to sell something will post that the item has sold as soon as it happens so those that might be interested will know its status.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I sometimes ask just to make sure people update their listings. This isn't craigslist or FB marketplace. :)

The times its aggravating to me is when people that ask same day as its listed or the same day as the OP bumps it.... Its almost as bad as the people that throw out low ball "offers" or say they have cash at 50% of your asking price.

Iv been guilty of asking if someone will take far less than they list it for, but its always via PM and I try to wait for it to sit for a bit.

If you want to try to get an amazing deal, at least have the decency to do it via PM. Just my .02

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think the reason that the "is this still available" people are just to lazy to go the extra 2 steps to send a PM because of the "I WANT IT NOW" mind set.
    ALSO, very few take the time and effort to post a SOLD in the title or in their first FS post. Maybe they just want to see who can read ?
    Plus, in the to lazy dept. there are those that post rifles,both bolt guns and AR's FS with no details; ,barrel length, barrel twist, chamber [AR's} barrel muzzle OD. I would suggest a "template" of details in the For Sale thread, but the TO LAZIES would just ignore it like they do when it comes to reading the rules.
    Can't wait for the MASSIVE solar flair

Last edited by a moderator:

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    And some people ask questions with absolutely no intentions of buying. "still available?" "yes" ...then nothing but silence. A while back a member asked me if I had the box for a rifle I was selling. I had forgotten about it, so I said not sure but I'd look. After digging around in the garage attic I found it and replied 'yes' the same day...never heard another word from him.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    People that ask if it's still available bump an ad and give people with money a chance to say I'll take it.
    These still for sale or still available posts are not serious. Anyone wanting it will post I'll take it or at least make an offer.

When I bump my sale ads I now post available. I giggle to myself when I do it.

Also bumping ads that are Spf or sold should be enforced somehow. No reason to be shown in the new feed if it's not available.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    It's a Facebook thing, sorry but it happens a lot there. I quit posting much on marketplace because of it. At least they're not sending you pictures of what they made for dinner.
    I've sold about 2 things off marketplace and never been able to buy anything off it. Never receive return contact and you know I was always buying and selling tools.

Top Bottom