• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has no practical application in the real world.
    BG US
    Gun Gun
    Knife Gun
    Club Gun
    Physical Chem, Taz, Baton, H2H, Gun, (whatever it takes to win)
    Threat Verbal, Chem, Taz, Baton, Knee knockers/rubber, H2H

Nobody trains to shoot one round and wait for the full reaction. We train to shoot until YOU PRECIEVE the BG is no longer a threat. I hate the term follow up shot(s). It infers you are firing a distinctly different shot(s) from the preceding shot(s). As such, you stopped shooting then resumed shooting; calling for a conscious decision to do so. Don't leave that void for IA, DA or Lawyers to screw you with. You fire a "SERIES" of shots. You may need to fire an additional series of shots. Lawyers will push follow up shots to equate to Coup de Grace (killing blow).

What do you think would happen to you if you intended to use the "Device" for less then lethal force but fired three times as you trained to do for years. We have enough problems with Officers mistakenly using their weapon instead of their tazer. Too many Officers don't have good firearm skills and this could eliminate their first and maybe only shot if installed.

It will probably be mandatory in San Fran, NYC and Balt. Lol

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Agreed and will add: a firearm should be used when you intend lethal force to meet lethal force. Way to much tongo wrong, IMO, for me to want to risk. Personally I hope this doesn't hit the open market because someone is going to plan on using it, and either kill someone they didn't intend to, use it when they should have taken an actual shot, or use it in a bs arguement and get ramrodded by a lawyer.

Plus, tazer, mace, reloads, baton, light, weapon, radio, now body cams and this? Why not go ahead and hang a spare 5lb weight off the belt to make it an even 40lbs.

TD1985

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see this product coming to market and some idiots making the "stupid news" (probably here in fl) b/c they killed their friend thinking it was less lethal! then the company gets sued some crying mother screams there aught to be a law against that! and we're right back where we started. I don't think there is anything wrong with current bullet technology they are quite effective!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see this resulting in someone being hit was the rubber ball a fraction of a second before being hit by several bullets. Mixing less lethal and lethal is just asking for disaster.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's just keep empowering the idiots of the world to have 2nd chances.... dumbass invention IMO

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Goes against every reason for drawing your weapon in the first place.

Self defense for bleeding heart softies not fully concerned with their personal safety.

No thanks.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It has no practical application in the real world.
    BG US
    Gun Gun
    Knife Gun
    Club Gun
    Physical Chem, Taz, Baton, H2H, Gun, (whatever it takes to win)
    Threat Verbal, Chem, Taz, Baton, Knee knockers/rubber, H2H

Nobody trains to shoot one round and wait for the full reaction. We train to shoot until YOU PRECIEVE the BG is no longer a threat. I hate the term follow up shot(s). It infers you are firing a distinctly different shot(s) from the preceding shot(s). As such, you stopped shooting then resumed shooting; calling for a conscious decision to do so. Don't leave that void for IA, DA or Lawyers to screw you with. You fire a "SERIES" of shots. You may need to fire an additional series of shots. Lawyers will push follow up shots to equate to Coup de Grace (killing blow).

What do you think would happen to you if you intended to use the "Device" for less then lethal force but fired three times as you trained to do for years. We have enough problems with Officers mistakenly using their weapon instead of their tazer. Too many Officers don't have good firearm skills and this could eliminate their first and maybe only shot if installed.

It will probably be mandatory in San Fran, NYC and Balt. Lol

This times 10

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do think it encourages you to shoot people. I don't see the need for it. I think they were going for something to replace having to switch weapons. Draw tazer, use tazer, no effect, drop tazer, draw gun. Or draw gun, add less leathal, effective or not you are ready for lethal without having to draw another weapon.

Could it kill you? Sure, but so can a tazer or punch to the face.

Idk before I hate on it I want to see how it goes.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of good points made and I wonder how much this guy values his fingers as well? Never good to stick one's hand in front of the muzzle but in an adrenaline pumping situation to boot.......come on people......did they not think this shit through? Just go ahead an blown your damn fingers off to make it easier for the perp to stab or beat you to death. Brilliant idea right up there with Biden's advise to just randomly fire your shotgun into the air.

Walruson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately, all it takes is an injured threat with a really good lawyer to make you regret not using a real bullet in the first place.

Top Bottom