• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What’s up everyone? I haven’t posted in a while, so I hope all is well.

My dilemma: I currently am a member of Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club, and have always enjoyed shooting there and I can’t imagine going back to the local public ranges. The problem for me is now that it is time to renew my membership they want to see proof of my NRA membership as well. I don’t care to start a political debate; I just don’t feel like the NRA has our interest at heart.

So my question is: do any of the other private ranges not require this membership to the NRA, or do they allow other memberships in its place?

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Having to provide proof of NRA membership would be a dealbreaker for me as well (I'm a lifetime member and I really wish I wasn't these days)

ERGC doesn't ask for NRA membership, at least they didn't ask me... I'm sure Altus doesn't care either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ERGC used to require NRA membership but they don’t now.

+1 for ERGC. That's the reason I joined is because they got rid of the NRA requirement. I looked into them several years ago and they required it, so I never looked back at them. It wasn't until last year that I found out they didn't require the NRA membership and I joined. I don't like how they handled the covid lockdown, but that's just my opinion. There really wasn't a lot of communication. I understand they're voluntary positions, but we could've used a little more frequent updating. Other than that, it's been a great range to shoot at. It's never been packed when I was there, everyone is respectful and safe as far as I've seen, and the ranges and shooting benches are nice.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What’s up everyone? I haven’t posted in a while, so I hope all is well.

My dilemma: I currently am a member of Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club, and have always enjoyed shooting there and I can’t imagine going back to the local public ranges. The problem for me is now that it is time to renew my membership they want to see proof of my NRA membership as well. I don’t care to start a political debate; I just don’t feel like the NRA has our interest at heart.

So my question is: do any of the other private ranges not require this membership to the NRA, or do they allow other memberships in its place?

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the one Sawman is a member? If so it is the best in the area so bite the bullet, I don't support them either but for that club I would join for a year

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    whats the problem with the NRA

Wayne LaPierre was caught spending over 6 figures on clothes and travel expenses. And that's only what's been caught and called out. No telling what other wastes of money the organization is doing. Their silence when it comes to minorities being arrested or shot and killed for the simple possession and exercising their 2a rights. Them bending to the banning of firearms accessories by Trump. Their inaction on countless other 2a cases going on throughout the country. It's become an organization that's looking out for trying to get more money out of your pockets instead of fighting for 2a rights. They're still weighing in on court cases, but nothing like they should be. Their money is spent on advertising and harassing members for even more funds instead of actively using what they have and cutting the fat at the top of the organization. They've lost sight of what they should be as an organization. GOA is in it for the fight. It's a much better organization to support because you know your money is going to fight the real fight for our 2a rights.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Gonna stay out of this one just to keep some of our more "fragile" forum members happy.
    Join whatever range suits you needs. Join the NRA or not. ALL YOUR CHOICES !!
    Just be happy,have fun,and go shoot. --- SAWMAN

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yea, Nancy Pelosi hates the NRA too, perhaps yall should join that new liberal gun range that just opened, they care about your gun rights and are perfect because they never had any problems like mentioned...

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The NRA is not perfect. The fact that Bloomberg, Pelosi, and all the other liberal pansies want to kill it off should tell you something. The PRPC's insurance is through the NRA. The NRA requires 100% membership to have their insurance. But, to paraphrase SAWMAN, join or don't join any club you want. That's the great thing about living in America.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I am a member, but I do think they (NRA) put too much emphasis on sweepstakes and truck/gun giveaways.

we need to laser focus on these antigun congress members and hit them right in the gut...all the time , no let up...
    I liked the ads for a while, about being the safest place, and the black lawyer who does commercials for them also,
    but have not seen them for a while now.

they call my cell too, I hate that....

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom