GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Item
    7" 5.56 AR-15 Pistol

Contact Info
    PM

Price
    $800 cash. I'm open to trades. I'm especially interested a Glock 20SF or Gen 4 Glock 20, so I'll value this pistol at $750 toward a trade for one. I'd also love to see what other hunting handguns are out there.

I've also got a Vortex Strikefire red dot that I'll sell with this for $125.

Item Description
    I've got a 7" 5.56 AR-15 pistol for sale. Specs are as follows:

Lower:
    Spikes Tactical Stripped Lower
    Palmetto State Armory (not PTAC) Lower Parts Kit
    A2 grip that has been stippled and finger groove removed
    Magpul Trigger Guard
    JP Enterprises Reduced Power Spring Kit
    Bobbed Hammer
    JoeBob's Grip Screw Trigger Adjuster (my $35 trigger mod: http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?9814-35-DIY-AR-Trigger-Job)
    Rock River Pistol Buffer Tube
    H2 Heavy Buffer
    Exile Machine Foam Buffer Tube Cover

Upper:
    Surplus Ammo and Arms Pistol Upper
    7" 1 in 9 twist 5.56 Chrome-Moly Barrel
    Carbine Length Free-Float Quad Rail
    Surplus Ammo and Arms Bolt Carrier Group and Charging Handle
    Dragon's Head Linear Compensator
    Generic rail covers

This pistol is a blast to shoot, but I've got a couple other project ideas in mind. I built the lower completely, but I bought the upper already assembled from Surplus Ammo and Arms (this upper, but mine has a different rail http://www.surplusammo.com/saa-complete-7-1-9-ar-15-pistol-upper-receiver-5-56-yhm-diamond-dragons-head/). I stippled the grip and removed the finger groove because I can't stand the way the A2 grip feels. It feels much better now. The trigger pull is a nice, crisp 4.5lbs.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did have a few issues with tumbling bullets with this pistol, but never with factory ammo. I believe it was caused by some low/mid power handloads with some cheap bulk fmj's that had an unbalanced lead core. Since I started loading Hornady 55gr SP's, I haven't seen any tumbling.

Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_9099_zps8e8cb66f.jpg

IMG_9102_zps10adcae7.jpg

IMG_9114_zpsd6da40a8.jpg

IMG_9119_zps349cb163.jpg

IMG_9127_zps2e7aacc2.jpg

Last edited:

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Be expected to get some odd looks when you're out there shooting at the range, the gentlemen next to me had no idea what was going on when I pulled out our 7.5" Pistol

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's an awesome looking pistol and you have to be commended for the full disclosure. Good luck on your sale!

Thanks!

Be expected to get some odd looks when you're out there shooting at the range, the gentlemen next to me had no idea what was going on when I pulled out our 7.5" Pistol

Oh yeah, I've had people ask me what it is, what caliber, is it legal, etc. Plus it's loud so it gets people's attention.

Forgot to mention that I'll throw in a couple GI magazines and a single point sling for GCGF members. I would include some ammo, but I don't currently have any factory ammo.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Damn. I'd like to see some performance data with the heavier projectiles first. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too! I might have a trade working, but if not, I'll be happy to let you shoot it with some heavier projectiles through my chrono. The only problem is that I don't have any...

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dave, you may hate me for this.... I believe the deal is going to fall through.

The other party didn't inform me that he was in another state until we had agreed on the trade. Unless he is willing to cover all the shipping and transfer fees (I don't believe there is any chance of that), then the deal will be off.

So... wanna come shoot it this weekend if the deal falls through?

Edit: Just got confirmation. The previous deal is off. AR pistol is still on the market.

Last edited:

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People! This is one sexy build. Someone please buy it soon. Otherwise, I am going to have to take out some of my ammo to run through it and then I will be gut hooked. Guys/girls, if this gun lasts on market much longer, I'm probably going to buy it. You have two days and no hard feelings. :smile: In all reality I need this like another butt hole, but I can't pass on a a dancer like this...

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    People! This is one sexy build. Someone please buy it soon. Otherwise, I am going to have to take out some of my ammo to run through it and then I will be gut hooked. Guys/girls, if this gun lasts on market much longer, I'm probably going to buy it. You have two days and no hard feelings. :smile: In all reality I need this like another butt hole, but I can't pass on a a dancer like this...

If I ever need anything else advertised, I know who I'm calling! Thanks for the bump!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom