• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forward bite

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I started carrying a 40 Shield a couple of months ago. While doing an inspection Monday I noticed that the mag release was stuck in the half depressed position. After cleaning and cycling it a few times it loosened up a bit but is still a concern. Anyone on here have any experience with this? Thanks

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got mine bnib, have less than 400rds thru it. Even submerged it in mud-accidentally. No issues.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I started carrying a 40 Shield a couple of months ago. While doing an inspection Monday I noticed that the mag release was stuck in the half depressed position. After cleaning and cycling it a few times it loosened up a bit but is still a concern. Anyone on here have any experience with this? Thanks

Yep,

Rust was my issue, I removed the mag release, cleaned all of the rust off of the mag release and then polished the hell out of it with some compound and a dremel buffing wheel. I then greased the mag release and it has been fine for a couple of weeks since. From the texture and the feel, I thought that the mag release was plastic, and it seems like it would be better if it was since it seems to be prone to rust.

hope that helps!

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In other words maintain you firearm, I have all kinds of firearm come in that has rust, for a lack of maintaining them. If I remember my science class we have a substance called salt in you body. This bad for metal. Just my 5 cents jj

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since removing, polishing, and greasing mine, I haven't had any rust return.

I agree with you JJ, but the inside of the mag catch wasn't something that was on my "needs maintenance" radar. I learn new things all the time though!

Top Bottom