• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pensagrady

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What/Where is the best way/place to get .22LR ammo. Searched for weeks and finally found a couple hundred rounds at a feed/sports store in Alabama. My son has shot those up and now I guess its back to the search.

And, what is the problem with the availability anyway? So far, every explanation I've been given sounds like a load of crap. The only one that makes sense is that the manufacturers have sought and found what consumers will pay what availability is pinched and have cut back production to create the supply/demand crisis.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wikiarms, gunbot, slickguns etc. Gottsa act quick though. Buncha bullshit if you ask me

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Academy had some 50 rd boxes when I was in there on Thursday I didn't buy any because I didn't need it ..it's really all about timing and I think gander mountain gets there ammo shipments in on Tuesdays

pensagrady

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys. I guess I need to just spend the time. I recently moved here from Lee County, AL and there was a Gander Mtn there. But to get the ammo, you had to get in line at the store by 5:00AM to get any. It was ridiculous. And, the same handful of people would be there every time I went. I never got there early enough to get any .22LR ammo, but the same handful of wing nuts were always at the head of the line.

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Don't expect anything less here . I think some of them spend the night at Walmart just to wait for ammo. David at TGD on barrancus I'm sure has some . Atleast he usually does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks guys. I guess I need to just spend the time. I recently moved here from Lee County, AL and there was a Gander Mtn there. But to get the ammo, you had to get in line at the store by 5:00AM to get any. It was ridiculous. And, the same handful of people would be there every time I went. I never got there early enough to get any .22LR ammo, but the same handful of wing nuts were always at the head of the line.

Honestly if I took the time to show up at opening and saw the same people ahead of me, I'd make it my mission in life to disrupt their plans by getting there earlier then they do. This is also why I never wanted to be their at opening because once I try to beat the early birds it becomes a game to me and I'd make them have to be their at 7:00pm the night before to be ahead of me, and I'd rather sleep. So I just keep checking just whenever and I've been able to pick up quite a bit, 2-3 boxes at a time.

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't get in line early anywhere, but if I'm close to a store at opening time, I pop in. In the last year I've bought boxes and buckets from Dick's and Bass Pro. I've had the best luck and reasonable price at those two. I know lots of folks complain about them, but I have plenty of ammo. Bass Pro had probably had 50 or more boxes of Remington 525 boxes at 10:00am Easter Sunday morning. I've never had luck finding any unless it is right after the store opened.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    He'll...they were practically giving it away (availability wise) at Gander Mountain's Grand Opening last weekend...in one stop you could have bought 1700 rds with plenty on the shelves for everyone else...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    wikiarms, gunbot, slickguns etc. Gottsa act quick though. Buncha bullshit if you ask me

This. I've used all these in the past and it's worked well. Just be ready to jump as soon as you get the alert or they will be gone. I bought 2,000 rounds of CCI in the past month.
    I never go to WalMart just to check for ammo but sometimes stop by on the way to work to buy snacks and drinks. I've gotten lucky a few times like that but not often.

Top Bottom