• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some guy over on Florida gun trader has 1400 round buckets of .22lr listed for $220 each and 525 round bricks for $100. Unbelievable! I hope nobody is actually desperate enough to pay those kind of prices. You can get the same 1400 buckets at Sports Acadamy for $64 and the bricks for $24. They are starting to get them in pretty regularly. I thought sodomy was illegal....

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love to email those people and remind them of current prices. I was looking for a 458 socom upper a while back and a guy in gun broker had them listed for $3000. He's now down to $2500. These people are nuts

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just saw his add and almost swallowed my copenhagen. Too bad "gougers" can't be flagged as inappropriate.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sad thing is, there are morons out there paying these prices or else he would drop his price. America is dumb

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup, it goes the other way too. People want to offer half of what something is worth and think people are dumb enough to take their offers

jbrian420

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't seen 22lr ammo in stock in a long time. Still I would never pay more than 20% extra.

My family in Southern CO told me they normally have plenty of ammo on the shelves at their walmart even bricks of 22 which tells me our ammo shortage is caused by an abundance of gun nuts and gotta say it makes me proud to live in Lower Alabama.

I am gonna have them bring me 11lbs each when they fly down in a few months! (That's the airlines limit)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    gotta remember the term gouging only applies to items of necessity. Does not apply to items of interest or want. Free market society dictates the resale price of items.

that beings said...

ITS OBAMAS FAULT! lol

jbrian420

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ya 22 aint a necessity. Now start doing this to my 223 and I will cry foul

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't seen 22lr ammo in stock in a long time. Still I would never pay more than 20% extra.

My family in Southern CO told me they normally have plenty of ammo on the shelves at their walmart even bricks of 22 which tells me our ammo shortage is caused by an abundance of gun nuts and gotta say it makes me proud to live in Lower Alabama.

I am gonna have them bring me 11lbs each when they fly down in a few months! (That's the airlines limit)

This is dead on I just got 9 bricks of .22 from up north and there was plenty more to go around

Gunslinger82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been told .22lr is fairly abundant away from the major cities. Friends who travel frequently to parts of AL north of Birmingham say that there is as much available as you want. Local rumor has it that there is a "cabal" of older retired guys that show up daily to Walmart, Academy Sports, et al, and buy up all the available .22, then flip it for 4x profit on-line and at local gunshows. If people refuse to pay their ridiculous prices, they will go away.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been told .22lr is fairly abundant away from the major cities. Friends who travel frequently to parts of AL north of Birmingham say that there is as much available as you want. Local rumor has it that there is a "cabal" of older retired guys that show up daily to Walmart, Academy Sports, et al, and buy up all the available .22, then flip it for 4x profit on-line and at local gunshows. If people refuse to pay their ridiculous prices, they will go away.

Spot on!! I've been told that about the .22 at Academy. Academy should vary the time that they put this stuff out. If they put it out every morning at 8am, they're
    just feeding these a-holes.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've got a good friend in Illinois and he said they don't have any .22 up there either. Most of the clerks I've talked to said they just don't get it in like they used to.
    As far as the idiot on FGT, he's just fishing.

Skeeter1223

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I first caught on to the Academy thing I would go once or twice a week. All of a sudden if you weren't there at 6 A.M you were out of the running. When .223 was hard to find I watched countless 1,000 round boxes of Federal Ball go to the first four people in line for around $450 and then flipped for over $1 a round an hour later. It was so nice to see that family bond as they passed the credit card to the wife, cousin, and gramps behind them. Sadly people paid it without even calling them out!

Flguy32514

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somebody go get a tshirt that says ATF on it and go to Walmart when they're about to start putting out the ammo and start talking loudly to a buddy about some investigation into people buying suspicious amounts of ammo, bet the line clears out

Top Bottom