• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love revolvers but .38/.357 is expensive to shoot so I'm thinking about getting a .22lr revolver. I just want a fun and accurate range gun with a decent trigger. I need high visibility sights. My eyes aren't good at picking up a black front post. Convertable would be nice but not essential. I was looking at a Ruger single six convertable at the lgs but I've never had a single action so I'm undecided. Any input or suggestions wil be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    For price, a High Standard 22lr . Taurus 94 22lr .both have 9 shot about a medium dbl action trigger.single action is light ,about the size of a # 36 S+W . Not sure on mid to large frame. Single action has both good and bad ,two cylinders 22lr 22 mag.the hammer has a longer fall .different time to fire .look and handle some .maxfold

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys! All look like good options. I may just start a wtb thread and see what comes up. I have handled the single six but not shot one. I didn't think about the long hammer fall. I had an SP101 in .357 and it was nice. I like that the Taurus holds 9 rounds.

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Good site , did not know ruger had a single 10 ! Ten shot ,22 lr 22 mag .what about accuracy with the 22 mag barrel being a little larger bore with 22 lr?? .maxfold

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Different direction but didn't want to start a new thread to ask...Is $425 a good price for a used Ruger 22/45 with factory threaded barrel and top & bottom rails, blued frame with a FF3 reflex sight?

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want to know what something is worth, register for Gun Broker, go to advanced search, click on completed auctions, adjust your description, in this case, used only with no reserve, go down and click, most bids and let it rip. All you will get is actual sales not price listings.
    Ed

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If I were going to buy one current production .22 revolver it would probably be one of the Ruger double actions.
    The S&Ws are great guns but I can't get over the hole. I won't own one that has it.
    Single actions are nostalgic (I own a Single 6) but a pain to load and unload at the range.
    You might want to watch on-line for a used S&W K-22, models 17 or 18. They are fine but will cost as much as a new Ruger.
    Old Hi Standard Sentinels are a lot of bang for the buck and Colt made a few nice .22 revolvers, expensive though.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ruger new model single six, with the .22mag cylinder is a good choice....

Every time I watch a western, I go back to the single six.

"I'm your huckleberry"

"You're a daisy if you do"

I may have to get a single and a double action to truly be sated.

"One for each of you"

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Colt Officers Model Special

Get a Colt, then you will know what to compare to everything else.

PC290001 (1024x768).jpg

Attachments

• PC290001 (1024x768).jpg
      PC290001 (1024x768).jpg
      111.1 KB · Views: 140
    Last edited:

Hot Iron

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    S&W Model 18. Made to feel like a 4 inch Combat Masterpiece or Combat Magnum K frame . It is Awesome. Not made anymore. Love it!

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just get one and be a HAPPY CAMPER, not HAPPY with it, just get another one, can't have to many of them, make sure you got 22 LR ammo for it, if you don't have any now, weapon no gun if you don't have any ammo :target:

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got some ammo. Just want something fun to shoot it. I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I'm sure I'll run across something that I can't live with out.

Kubasaki

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love both my ruger single six and my heritage rough rider. Both came with 22m cylinders. They are both accurate and actually take my heritage into the woods more. 22m has a ear piercing pitch when fired and I shoot my 22lr clinger more.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love both my ruger single six and my heritage rough rider. Both came with 22m cylinders. They are both accurate and actually take my heritage into the woods more. 22m has a ear piercing pitch when fired and I shoot my 22lr clinger more.

Heritages can be had for fairly cheap. Do you think the Ruger is worth the extra $?

Kubasaki

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think it is in for the 22 revolver. I have a 6 or 6.5 in barrel and I got my father the 9+ inch one a year later and we do a few squrriel hunts a year with them. It is a blast. The only I have done in used some locktite on the screws because it slowly gets loose. It is no big deal, but i didn't have to do that with my single six. I just kept the single six to pass on down the family. It looks good and shoots good but I wish I knew and bought the heritage first.

Top Bottom