DK Firearms

.22 LR ammo...what is your hi price point during thses crazy times/new normal...????

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got 20 bricks last week online at "normal" pricing. they were 23.99 each. Just keep an eye out and you can get it at a reasonable cost. If anything, I would be more concerned with your magazine collection than your ammo collection...

I got 100 of those bricks @ 23.99.... I list them on Gunbroker and set the reserve for what I got in them, sell them in 4x packs (2100rds) and let the market determine the price, which is easily bringing $55-$65 per brick, and I sleep just fine.....except for right now, Chinese food keeping me awake....

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've got enough to last a while. I bought a brick every time I went in WalMart for a while after the last panic. I won't pay more than WalMart's regular price which now is in the $15 - $22 range depending on the brand. It will be back. I'll just wait it out.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You thought .22 ammo is bad. Check out the magazines for the mossberg 715T tactical .22 on gunbroker and ebay. People wanting over 100 per mag!!!!!!! What is going on? If that wasnt bad enough they're asking in upwards of 50 for the mossberg plinkster 10 rounder!!!! Im straight going into hibernation in hopes that when I awake things will have returned to somewhat normal.

Sailing_Faith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sure hope there is a lull in the pricing before the ammo tax / ban comes down the pike. I suspect most folks will continue to buy as long as they can though....

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Defuniak walmart has .22lr ammo in boxes, behind the counter, waiting to be unpacked- i saw winchester and thunderbolts...... Get em before i do!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Defuniak walmart has .22lr ammo in boxes, behind the counter, waiting to be unpacked- i saw winchester and thunderbolts...... Get em before i do!

Ain't you supposed to be helpin people on the couch and not out scoring ammo for gunbroker? just pokin fun Clay,
    No body can say anything and everyone esle is doing the same. The auction route is the best way to go when a conscience free profit is to be made, let the buyers say what they are willing to pay. But they folks who are taking thier whole family and friends into walmart every morning to clean out ammo and then list it on forums for 3-4x price paid can kiss the roody spitooty. As long as suckers are buying at these crazy prices they will never quit, so in essence it is our own stupity that is the curse.
    I can't bring myself to sell any, I enjoy shooting it and it will get more expensive, so any little I can find now is just a hedge on inflation, kind of like silver/gold.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    35 is my max brick and that is too much, things will settle down and it will be back to 15-20 or so again.

Man I hope your right. I'm glad my kids had .22's when they were younger and stocked up on ammo. They are gone but they left behind around 5k rounds added to my 5-6k I think I got it covered till the insanity ends. IF it ends!!!

Magnuskrans

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can backorder 525 round boxes of CCI Blazer .22LR from Brownells at $21 per box right here:

http://www.brownells.com/ammunition/rimfire-ammo/cci-rimfire-ammunition-prod43032.aspx?ttver=2&avs|Cartridge_1=AFF_22%20Long%20Rifle

Scroll down about halfway down the page

They told me they will be shipping by the end of Feb. at the very latest but probably much sooner than that. As long as you don't need it tomorrow and don't mind waiting a bit, this is a pretty good deal, and Brownells is top notch.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lucky gunner just HAD federal hollow point ammo, a ten box case (5250 rounds) for 369. Ten cases went in the time it took me to add it to my cart.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like a few other, I bought either .45acp, 9mm, or .22lr on each trip to Wally for several months last year. I've got plenty to last until the scare (and that's all it is),
    is over.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went by Wally World in Marianna yesterday. They had one box of 325 rounds of "Tactical 22" (are those words supposed to even go together) for $24.97. Try as I might I could not bring myself to pay for it.

Idoono

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The issues with Lucky gunner were with reload ammo from a certain company. It may be something new, but I am pretty sure that rim fire ammo can't be reloaded! I think selective shopping practices will be what is necessary at most bulk ammo dealers. Meaning dont buy the crap you know is reload junk, stick with the proven names. Not all they sell is off brand reloads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom