• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratio411

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So the ATF forced me into SBRing my AR-10 pistol. Now that I am on their list, I might as well go all the way with it and suppress it.

I know nothing about suppressors, so here I am to ask for recommendations.

I am online looking at AR-10 suppressors, and there are 99 to choose from on the first website I look at. I have no idea where to start, other than maybe by star ratings. ???

I’m not really looking to use subsonic. Just tone it down some.

A little help?

Edit: A suppressor that could work on various firearms is a plus. 5.56/x39/308 are my primary flavors. I don’t know if it works like that or not.

Thank you!
    Dave
    PFA
    IMG_6061.jpeg

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Well. The one I chose isn't the quietest. So I take a little penalty there. But, it's short, Has ar style qd mounts, has no max barrel length requirements so it fits all 30 cals, and it's one of only three durable enough cans at the time I lest checked to get a full auto BELT fed rating. It's the Rugged Razor. Pretty nice can. Only bad part is the mounts get pricey if you have alot of guns. A direct thread may be better in that regard. But, I don't have to keep a hider or brake with me at all times to put back on a gun each time I move the can. Plus tools to do it with. They I hear have one of the best warranties too. Seems like a good overall can.

B0YD0N

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah, I recently went with Rugged brand because they had a special sale and had free tax stamp. They have a great warranty and sent out a replacement end cap because of a strike that I believe was my fault but they sent the part anyway

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So the ATF forced me into SBRing my AR-10 pistol. Now that I am on their list, I might as well go all the way with it and suppress it.

I know nothing about suppressors, so here I am to ask for recommendations.

I am online looking at AR-10 suppressors, and there are 99 to choose from on the first website I look at. I have no idea where to start, other than maybe by star ratings. ???

I’m not really looking to use subsonic. Just tone it down some.

A little help?

Edit: A suppressor that could work on various firearms is a plus. 5.56/x39/308 are my primary flavors. I don’t know if it works like that or not.

Thank you!
    Dave
    PFA View attachment 228846

@Little Jack might have an opinion to share.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I've yet to buy a can, but have spent about $1000 on Surefire SOCOM Warcomps and muzzle brakes. So I'll be getting one .30 Surefire can to use on 9 different hosts; 308, 6.5, x39 & 223. As of now I do have 1 warden blast forward device.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    308/762 can rated for 12" is going to be fine on your other calibers but probably not "optimal".

Besides suppression, think about size, weight, durability, adaptability, warranty, cost of accessories.

Most expensive is usually not the best option unless there's something specific you're looking for. With that said, I'd stay away from the cheapest options because your most likely going to own it for the rest of your life.

"Belt fed rated" sounds cool but unless you've got a machine gun, something like that is going to be overkill on weight/durability for most shooters. Don't let fancy specs determine what you buy. Figure out what you're going to use it for. If you really need the durability, cool, but you probably don't want to put a 22oz 8" can on the end of your hunting rig.

If you can, shoot before you buy something so you've got a realistic idea of what they can actually do. A good 308 can is still loud. Your 3 listed calibers are still going to be pushing over 130db in most setups and you should still wear ear pro for anything more than a couple rounds. You're probably going to need to tune your gun. Not required but most semi autos aren't setup well for a can. There's been a push for reduced back pressure recently but the good ones are on the higher end for cost.

Direct thread is easy, cheap, light. QD is more expensive, longer, heavier but much more convenient. In the current Era I'd make sure it's HUB compatible. If you're only getting one, it's not a big deal but the HUB threads play nice across lots of mounting options.

Big names are more likely to be around longer for warranty work but their pricing tends to run a little higher than some of the smaller brands.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd start with thinking about mounting options and manufacturer support. Reason I say this is because you want a can that is usable across multiple hosts and have support years from now. Due to the way NFA is, you will very likely own it for the rest of your life.

Based on what I'm guessing you are wanting and what I think would be a good pick, a Dead Air Nomad is a good choice. Its got 1 3/8-24 thread pitch so plenty of aftermarket mounting options between direct thread, Keymo, Xeno and so on. A friend of mine has one that he uses between his AR15s and AR10.

Its also a 1.75 diameter can so its got more volume to make it even more quiet. Additionally, this creates less backpressure which is helpful if your using a direct impingement action. Its also not a long can either. I have the Nomad L and love it. I've used it between two AR15s and an 5.56 AK.

Dead Air has also been around for a while and takes care of their customers. I can't stress enough to pick a reputable brand with quality and hopefully longevity.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have a Silencer Co Harvester 300 for my bolt, sometimes use it on my AR-10. My primary can for simi-auto is a Deadair Sandman L with key mount muzzle brake. I would also suggest you check the manufacture web pages of any that you are considering buying. Another thing I consider is: I select the can I am purchasing on a specific host, and if it works on other host, that is great.

gigihurt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 36m by silencer co is good. Uses the asr mount in hub pattern. The rugged alaskan is good to from 5.56 to 338 lapua and comes with a hub mount as well. I bought the rugged as it had a free tax stamp. They now make it in titanium as well.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Rex silentium are good cans at decent price but may be on the heavy side.

Yankee hill has great value but maybe not the most quiet, but does share standard threading with many other brands as far as comparability.

I'm looking into a dead air primal because I already have other dead air cans and muzzle devices.

Check out Bauer precision. They usually have great deals on all brands of cans.
    Kentucky gun company as well.

kylo1597

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The omega 300 is a fantastic .30 cal can. Buttt now that otter creek labs makes a 30 cal Polonium, id 100% go that route.

Also check out pew science reviews, they have all kind of db and sound ratings for different suppressors and ammo

Top Bottom