• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

What the President said and accomplished by taking on the NFL was and is something that is upsetting to a lot of people, has been the subject of a lot of radio shows so obviously many do not just want to focus only on what YOU think is important.
    These are the hardworking people and the true heros who sacrifice for this country so a bunch of enterteiners can make millions and now they are not even doing their job of taking our minds of the problems for an hour because they have to use "their plataform" - it is not their plataform - to disrespect an entire country.

Saying they are not disrespecting the flag and the vets who die in the name of it, when the people and the vets are clearing being, feeling and telling them they are offended, hurt and disrespected is the ultimate in evidence of self absorption and delusion.

Tell your wife you are not disrespecting her by flirting with other women in her presence and that you are just exercising your right to free speech in admiring a work of art and see if she forgives you.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Tell your wife you are not disrespecting her by flirting with other women in her presence and that you are just exercising your right to free speech in admiring a work of art and see if she forgives you.

I know you are right.....that dog won't hunt..

maybe after 40 yrs of marriage, but I would not try this myself even then

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yea Shepard Smith is the voice of reason, lol.

getting to where I don't even watch fox anymore, he is a special kind of stupid.....him and david muir on abc, I can't stand either one of them...objective my big ole butt...

Garym

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I see we have a couple of people here that are in the same category as old Shep...about as sharp as a marble.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When something is really important to NFL players, they go on Strike. They have done it about six times and its always centered on money. Evidently, the issues they are taking a knee for aren't as important to them individually, as a team or the NFL in total: as cash flow into their pockets is!

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's just wait and see if he is going to be penalized for exercising his first ammendment rights in an opposing direction of the "NFL unity".

So he buckled and kneeled to the Liberal god.
    God of all that is not sacred.

God of desecration of all that is sacred in our known society.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I am going to watch 300 Spartans again to wash my eyes from the effect of liberalism on males.

I am really gutted.

Alejandro was that 1 Spartan in my eyes...:(

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the players are so worried about injustice and their ideals then why don't they take it off the field? Oh yeah that's because they are getting paid for it. They disregard the Anthem, the colors, sportsmanship. The whole very colors that give the ideals to "protest". There is a time and place for everything but the time and place to express "injustice" or such ideas is not at a sporting event which is on the dime of the viewers.

"Agreeing with someone's protest just because they are expressing their 1st Amendment right and ignoring their message is blind patriotism"

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So he buckled and kneeled to the Liberal god.
    God of all that is not sacred.

God of desecration of all that is sacred in our known society.

I would have stuck it to them ....he did not make the team,or coach look bad, they did a fine job of that themselves...

he went down a notch in my book by saying that...which still puts him way above the other steelers...., but

damn, can't anyone besides trump say something, and stick to it, double down if you have to, but the hell with backing up...if it was worth saying once, it is worth sticking to..

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think I am going to watch 300 Spartans again to wash my eyes from the effect of liberalism on males.

I am really gutted.

Alejandro was that 1 Spartan in my eyes...:(

only seen trailers.
    I got to see that movie...love that piece of history

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Help me understand this. The NFL POS's can disrespect America and the Warriors who defended and defend our freedoms, but they (POS NFL'ers) get bent when someone of stature shits back on them? What am I not seeing that you are?
    So I guess the POTUS, being the POTUS, has no right to free speech? Why, just because he's the POTUS, a person of stature? I say he has the same rights to say what he wants. But yet when he voiced this Right, you say he's wrong? Why? Because he's the POTUS, He's not supposed to? Really? Isn't this selective discrimination?
    It's like you starting a fight at a bar and getting your ass beat, then wanting the other person arrested for beating you up. Seems the POS NFL'ers are doing this very thing and crying for a Penalty. "Ref, I was clipped in the back field by an ineligible player, the POTUS".
    We were All warned years ago, take God out of our lives, education, society, and America will go to hell in a hand basket. America is just reaping what it has sown. Question is, How do we fix it?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Help me understand this. The NFL POS's can disrespect America and the Warriors who defended and defend our freedoms, but they (POS NFL'ers) get bent when someone of stature shits back on them? What am I not seeing that you are?
    So I guess the POTUS, being the POTUS, has no right to free speech? Why, just because he's the POTUS, a person of stature? I say he has the same rights to say what he wants. But yet when he voiced this Right, you say he's wrong? Why? Because he's the POTUS, He's not supposed to? Really? Isn't this selective discrimination?
    It's like you starting a fight at a bar and getting your ass beat, then wanting the other person arrested for beating you up. Seems the POS NFL'ers are doing this very thing and crying for a Penalty. "Ref, I was clipped in the back field by an ineligible player, the POTUS".
    We were All warned years ago, take God out of our lives, education, society, and America will go to hell in a hand basket. America is just reaping what it has sown. Question is, How do we fix it?

I do not remember the MSM jumping on anything the anointed one ever said, and he said plenty of lies...

he got a 99% pass on everything he said

if we do not stop these colleges from turning out this kind of mindset, we will have another civil war...I can see it, a slowly widening gap, going in spurts now....

but when the cowboys wanted a little decal on their helmets after the five dallas cops were murdered in the streets, the NFL said no way...

John 3;16 in your eyeblack is offensive to a very vocal few, but this? seems like it is offensive to many...yet they care not, scared of the left attacking them

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Football worship has always been a mystery to me, I played in high school but have had little intrest in watching others play a game that changes nothing. I guess I'm just more of a doer than a watcher. But to each his own, if watching others play a game is your thing who am I to judge. As they say deferent strokes for deferent folks.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Football worship has always been a mystery to me, I played in high school but have had little intrest in watching others play a game that changes nothing. I guess I'm just more of a doer than a watcher. But to each his own, if watching others play a game is your thing who am I to judge. As they say deferent strokes for deferent folks.

I was always amazed how much money people pay for football games. A guy on HKPRO sold a rare gun to buy seasonal football tickects. That was the only gun his wife liked as ccw. He had two and now has only one sitting in the safe because it's too precious.

Then I was given tickets to go to a Buccs game with my husband. $200 each! Was truly a gift because I would have rather bought a gun than that.
    Once there, the national anthem beiing played, the stunning huge flag, all the crowed standing united in reapect, then armed forces jets flying over, and a paratrooper being dropped on the football field...
    All that display of patriotism and American power and glory...now associated with..

A game of football.
    The national footbal league. And I realised that is how they manipulate hardworking people to part with huge amounts of money for this: because they capitalize on the flag, the anthem and the greatest armed forces in the world. They get the average joe to identify with that and he/she feels part of something greater than they are.
    Don't you hear people say all the time : " we won the superbowl"? Ummm, you sat in the couch and drank beer..

So now they allowed an attack on the very symbols that they used to manipulate people into giving them absurds amount of money ( because it made them feel extraordinary and to them that feeling was worth it ).

I am praying for a huge boycott.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    According to today's PNG Gaetz is supporting a bill to remove the tax exempt status from the NFL Headquarters in NYC. I say go for it. We should all send something to Gaetz supporting this action. The players, owners and NFL Headquarters keep harping on this issue so let's hit em where it hurts most - in their pocketbook. I plan on sending my support for his legislation.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By the way, in the above game, I was so moved I WANTED to be American and I wished I had been born here. That is how powerful that was emotionally.

Bay Ranger,

Thank you for that I will support that also.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is being lost is the reason why the players are protesting. In 2015 the police in this country killed over 1,100 citizens. Nearly half of those killed were minorities (Black, Hispanics etc . . with the majority being blacks). Twenty-five percent of the black males shot were unarmed. That is twice the rate for whites. Black males are 9 time more likely to be killed by police than whites.

I know that suicide by cop is a real thing and I realize that an unarmed man is still potentially dangerous - still that is nuts. If 25% of the folks shot by concealed carry holders were unarmed - we would collectively lose our rights to carry concealed.

I also understand that confrontations between police and suspects can get heated but several of these killings occur while the suspect is complying (such as the motorist in Minnesota who was shot during a traffic stop, or the motorist in NJ who was shot when, in compliance with police instructions got out of his car with his hands in the air. or the motorist in Tulsa who, in compliance with police instructions was walking towards them with his hands in the air) and in many instances is unable to resist or threaten the officer (panhandler in Louisianan who was laying face down on the ground when officer when he was shot). These shooting are caught on video- what happened in not in question. If I shot an unarmed man who was lying face down on the ground while I stood over him, my ass would be in prison.

I don't view the protest as disrespectful I view it as patriotic. Those who serve in the military do not fight for a flag or an anthem. They fight for us and the principles of our country, including the right to peacefully protest and to voice our displeasure with the government. We as citizens have an obligation and a right to speak out when we feel the system is broken. These athletes are using the spotlight to bring this matter into national attention. Good for them. They are not rioting. They are kneeling quietly in protest of a judicial system that they feel is biased and broken.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/31/the-counted-police-killings-2015-young-black-men

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/01/black-americans-killed-by-police-analysis

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...by-police-america_us_577da633e4b0c590f7e7fb17

Thanks for staring this thread. Before I started researching this I was of the opinion that while I did not support the protest, I believe that the players have the first amendment right to protest. Now that I have done some research, I want to take a knee as well.

Top Bottom