• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It really looks like we got lucky !! I should stop watching the weather channel hyping every storm for ratings,,,I am Grateful.

I am NOT returning the Xtra BEER I bought!

Yea pretty dumb to even watch any TV nowadays. If I was not married I would not own one. TV is a waist of time.

I'm down off the coast of Columbia near Riohacha and most of the channels we have here are in Portuguese or Spanish anyway. LOL But I am brushing up on my Portuguese. :)

I only use this to track a storm and no BS to come with it.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/hurricane-irma

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still looking for a gallon of distilled water so I can change out the expansion tank on my car's radiator this weekend. The hoarding was beyond ridiculous.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Still looking for a gallon of distilled water so I can change out the expansion tank on my car's radiator this weekend. The hoarding was beyond ridiculous.

Just go with some pre mixed half and half or strait antifreeze. Yes, it's more expensive. Sometimes it's worth it not to have to fight with someone over a bottle of water in the isle.
    You could always distill your own.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I figured out last night that if a storm does head this way I'm just going to Sam's Club for my supplies. They had a whole aisle full of water, pallets of it. They had a couple pallets of batteries too. Seems being a member of club like Sam's that has limited membership has its perks.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just go with some pre mixed half and half or strait antifreeze. Yes, it's more expensive. Sometimes it's worth it not to have to fight with someone over a bottle of water in the isle.
    You could always distill your own.

Yes, I get this. It's just the insanity of the hoarding things like water. If I was worried about the municipal water system failing (and I'm really not, because I've stayed during every hurricane since 1999, and it hasn't happened to me), I would simply fill up my 3 bathroom tubs, and 5 bathroom sinks. This would be like 100 gallons. Even with leakage, we could live off that just fine for 3 weeks.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, my ID doesn't get me into the BX, Commissary or Shopette. Yesterday morning about 6:40 the gas pumps were backed up 4-5 cars deep in line to get gas.

Might wanna check with the Shoppette peeps. On Eglin, you can buy anything in the Shoppette except tobacco and alcohol.

bmixs10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew a washing machine could be used to ice down beer, but yesterday I read that a dishwasher could be used as a water tight vault.

DBCDave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think the people at the Weather channel even have walking around sense.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Might wanna check with the Shoppette peeps. On Eglin, you can buy anything in the Shoppette except tobacco and alcohol.

Alcohol is about the only thing I'd want to get from the Shoppette most likely to save on the cost versus buying off base but who knows, might not be any cheaper these days.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So if I have this right, everyone is relaxed here now that the same people who cannot predict a rainy day correctly are stating that Irma is going to take a 90 degree right turn when it gets to Florida. Has anyone informed Irma of this change in plans yet?

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sunday once Irma's forecast path is shown to be either right or wrong I'll decide whether to relax or not. Until then it's watch, wait and go on with life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Absolutely Mark.
    I really do not feel that we will even feel the effects of this storm. But deep down i'm putting in some time with them airheads on the WX clannel.
    THEN - - -> there is another one that has formed on further out. [ ?? ] --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well they just moved the Track to the West coast of FL not the East! I hate hurricanes! If we are so in control of the weather why cannot we change the storms direction?

Top Bottom