• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Before PPD returned it to me, they of course lifted prints and DNA (if there was any). John, do they have any leads at all on your friend's truck? I'd like to stay up to date on this stuff. The only real "lead" on my weapon thieves was that it seems the people who stole it and the people who stole the truck are obviously the same people.
    They had spotted the truck 3 times, and the occupants fled at a high rate of speed... for some reason, they can't pursue, not sure why, but after the 3rd time they found the truck in an abandoned lot... apparently they caught some kids in Navarre who stole a vehicle and one of them spilled the beans, and they're all apart of the same group, stealing vehicles for a "gang" in pensacola. These are young kids apparently, 14-18. This is just what I was told yesterday in the grocery store by the truck owner's brother.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's called "popping cars' and it is substance driven, they break into cars for people who leave valuables which they in turn flip for drug money. It's been going on for a long time, perhaps citizens are just becoming more aware of it but I have provided services to dozens and dozens of kids incarcerated for this offense from all over the state for most of my career.

I'm glad you got it back, that's very rare. How did they recover it if I can be nosy?

A local fireman had his truck stolen from the firehouse while he was on a call I believe. They recovered his truck somewhere in Pensacola and while that scene was being processed an officer happened across my weapon wrapped in a blanket stuff inside a hollow tree (or up in the tree? I wasn't totally clear). This leads the detectives to believe that if they catch whoever stole one, they'll have whoever stole the other.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They had spotted the truck 3 times, and the occupants fled at a high rate of speed... for some reason, they can't pursue, not sure why, but after the 3rd time they found the truck in an abandoned lot... apparently they caught some kids in Navarre who stole a vehicle and one of them spilled the beans, and they're all apart of the same group, stealing vehicles for a "gang" in pensacola. These are young kids apparently, 14-18. This is just what I was told yesterday in the grocery store by the truck owner's brother.

Do you happen to know where the abandoned lot might be? If that's where they found the truck then that's where my weapon was too.

The detective told me he saw that truck a couple times in town but due to the PPD having a "no chase" policy, no one could get them.

Any indication that they actually got the specific person who had the truck?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I found out today from someone I know with minor PPD connections that my weapon (and the stolen truck) were found at an abandoned house in Brownsville on North T Street. Apparently the house is used often to store stolen property.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I found out today from someone I know with minor PPD connections that my weapon (and the stolen truck) were found at an abandoned house in Brownsville on North T Street. Apparently the house is used often to store stolen property.

A runaway bulldozer accident in its future???

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In all seriousness, is it possible to have the place condemned, torn down? Possible fire hazard or health risk?

Top Bottom