• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sounds to me like a whole new bunch of folks are gonna be casting lead bullets and reloading real soon...

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Why just this caliber? It's really creepy when a government mistrusts it's citizens to this degree.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150213/batfe-to-ban-common-ar-15-ammo?utm_source=www.CCDL.us

Because the same reason they banned the steel core 5.45 ammo. This was all fine until the ar pistol craze took off. Don't blame Obama, sometimes we are our own worst enemy. You got all these yahoo's on the Internet making videos everyday now on how to skirt the law. The ATF isn't idiots all the time. They watch YouTube also.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Because the same reason they banned the steel core 5.45 ammo. This was all fine until the ar pistol craze took off. Don't blame Obama, sometimes we are our own worst enemy. You got all these yahoo's on the Internet making videos everyday now on how to skirt the law. The ATF isn't idiots all the time. They watch YouTube also.

They also frequent gun forums also.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just buy it when you can, I won't become a chicken little anytime soon.....

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    does anyone live by this stuff anyway? Besides the fact it shoots the largest fireballs out of my 7.5" pistol, it shoots about as well as any other I shoot. I dont have any zombie gelatin tests to tell any different.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    does anyone live by this stuff anyway? Besides the fact it shoots the largest fireballs out of my 7.5" pistol, it shoots about as well as any other I shoot. I dont have any zombie gelatin tests to tell any different.
    It's not very good range ammo, as the pressure is higher than 223 (obviously), and it's not very good defensive ammo as it doesn't expand and relies solely on the magical tumbling phenomenon to do its work. I have a few hundred rounds because it reminds me of my Navy days, but I'll likely never shoot it.
    The issue is that it's a very slippery slope continuing the trend started by banning all that 5.45x39, and next thing you know, solid copper bullets will be illegal because they penetrate too much, and lead will be illegal because it pollutes, and all military calibers will be illegal because they have no sporting purpose. All this in spite of the fact that these conclusions have NOTHING to do with what our our 2A rights are supposed to guarantee, and would be a clear violation thereof. Get my drift?

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who gives a shit if it has a steel tip. M855 will not penetrate your standard 1/4" AR500 steel plates so it's most certainly not AP ammo.
    Any high velocity regular lead core rifle bullet will zip right through level 3 soft body armor.
    If I want to punch through AR500 plates then I'll just use any number of big game"hunting" cartridges.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Hey Kerry, doesn't even need to be a rifle, 500S&W will zip right through as well, but they won't go after that because Mr Bloomberg likely doesn't find it scary or offensive to keeping the children safe. Lol.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, armor, at lest body armor light enough to wear and still be mobile enough to fight, isn't all that difficult to defeat and that ass sucking, piece of shit, Bloomberg wouldn't know the difference between a 500S&W and a 22lr..... he will stop at nothing and spend every penny he has until they are all banned.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Don't blame 0bama? So it's our fault?

Nope, sorry. It's not our fault the Feds are taking away a common ammunition used by a common rifle. That's definitely their fault.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Obama administration is just the latest in a long line of presidential administrations that have stripped out 2A rights away from us. NFA (1934), FFA (1938), GCA (1968), Brady act (1993), AWB (1994) and a shit load of other federal, state and local laws since the turn of the last century.

The single reason for the 2A is so the people will have firearms and ability capable of defending themselves against a tyrannical government. With out access to the same arms (weapons and ammo) that the government has access to the 2A becomes null and void.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't blame 0bama? So it's our fault?

Nope, sorry. It's not our fault the Feds are taking away a common ammunition used by a common rifle. That's definitely their fault.

Believe me I'm not a fan of this guy, however we as a community can do a lot more in preserving our rights. Look at how many idiots decided to write letters to the ATF after sig had their product ok'd by them. Now look what happens, it's now illegal to shoulder the brace. We have many people on you tube bragging and showing what "illegal" things they are doing. Look at FPS Russia, he made a video of him blowing up something with tanneite. Someone probably figured "well I can out do that" and now we have a dead 8yr old kid because of that. They banned the armor piercing ammo for the FN57 pistol shortly after it hit the market, even though the rifle version used the same ammo, and no one batted an eye. This is a case of slowly bringing the water to a boil so we won't notice. We(as gun owners) have allowed this to happen before and no one did anything or said anything. This is why they will keep banning items until there is nothing left. YouTube is a great tool to have, I've learned a lot of things from it. But it's a 2 edged sword. I say this because we have people on there doing a lot of stupid shit and saying stupid shit. Obama signed it yes, that he is guilty of. The true culprits are the BATFE for even bringing this up to be an issue. Also remember all the talk when 5.45x39 was banned, yeah me neither. It was made an issue for a week then everyone forgot about it. If our pleasure of shooting and owning guns is really important, don't you think we should be staging more sit ins and peaceful demonstrations.

We for the most part are reactive and NOT pro-active.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I have a question for everyone. How many of you actually know why the SS109/M855 came about and what its advantages are over the M193? Just curious as to who knows.

Top Bottom