• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm going into the polling place with the Obola protective suit hoping to not get touched by the ballot I have to cast.
    Rick Scott isn't as pro gun as we think judging by the way he ignored the political game they played with the Liberty County Sheriff. But, he is better than the alternative. So, gloves, gown and mask for Scott.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Charley Crist started off as a career polititian. When he hugged O and began the flip-flopping, finger to the wind politics, it cost him the senate race, and it will cost him the Gubernatoral race. He's done. Like some before my post have said, I will also take a long scrubbing shower after I vote. If Rick Scott had done a horrible job as governor, I'd still not vote for Chucky; I'd probably stay home. The only thing I fear is that if the race is tight, like within 1000 or so votes, Chucky will pull an Al
    Franken and attempt to take the election via the courts.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scott because a vote for Wyllie is basically one for Crist. Wyllie has no chance of winning and will take votes away from Scott.

I understand your thoughts, but those votes do not belong to Scott, so they're not truly being taken away. They're being given to someone those voters feel earned it more.

Despite my previous post, I've done some deeper research which leads me to once again consider voting for Scott. I plan on giving his office a call this week to ask about how he feels about open carry. After that I'm going to do my second review of the things he and Wylie stand for and then make up my mind. I really am tired of voting for RINOs, but I'm not a rigid ideologue who refuses to budge. Depending on what I find out in the next week or so, maybe I'll go ahead and vote for Scott instead of Wylie. I do try to keep an open mind, but if I see a bunch of RINO-like tendencies from Scott, then he won't ever get a vote from me.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I understand your thoughts, but those votes do not belong to Scott, so they're not truly being taken away. They're being given to someone those voters feel earned it more.

Despite my previous post, I've done some deeper research which leads me to once again consider voting for Scott. I plan on giving his office a call this week to ask about how he feels about open carry. After that I'm going to do my second review of the things he and Wylie stand for and then make up my mind. I really am tired of voting for RINOs, but I'm not a rigid ideologue who refuses to budge. Depending on what I find out in the next week or so, maybe I'll go ahead and vote for Scott instead of Wylie. I do try to keep an open mind, but if I see a bunch of RINO-like tendencies from Scott, then he won't ever get a vote from me.

If you remember, a few years ago, the legislature had an open carry bill introduced (HB517) and was passed. It then went to the Senate (SB234) and the Senate made amendments to the bill and excluded the open carry clause and replaced it with new changes to the existing concealed carry statutes making it not a crime for accidental exposure or printing by CCW license holders. The open carry bill never came to Gov. Scott to sign. Greg Evers originally introduced the open carry bill. I made a specific request to him to create an open carry bill, as I am sure others did. Unfortunately, other legislators did not feel the need. Florida had an open carry law many years ago (back in the late '80s) and it was later repealed because of the vigilante justice an individual was enacting down in Dade and Broward counties. The guys was dressed up with two six-guns and shooting bad guys on the streets. This is what prompted the repeal. Personally, I would like to have an open carry law on the books in Florida. Our neighboring states have them and there is no reason why we cannot. I think it is a good idea to contact Gov. Scott's office to get his opinion on open carry. I will do the same.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Scott because a vote for Wyllie is basically one for Crist. Wyllie has no chance of winning and will take votes away from Scott.

Exactly. Scott and Crist are neck and neck. Vote for Scott or your vote is wasted because Wyllie has no chance whatsoever. That's just the way it is.
    Crist will do anything to get back into office. That commercial "flippin' unbelievable" is right on.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Voted today!! I am not sure I want to see some of the people i know are armed open carrying, I know I don't need it and already open carry at the lease.

I feel the same way. I don't want to be around a bunch of 21 year olds open carrying Glocks in tactical thigh holsters. But we've been down this road on this forum many times before. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasn't gungho in voting for Scott so much as I was voting against Crist. But the fact Scott's got an A+ rating from the NRA didn't hurt.

He does have some decent 2A creds. From the NRA-PVF...

Governor Rick Scott, an NRA Life Member, is “A+” rated and endorsed by the NRA-PVF.

Governor Rick Scott has signed more pro-gun bills into law — in one term — than any other Governor in Florida history. In four years, the Governor signed 12 NRA-backed bills into law. That’s only two fewer than former Governor Jeb Bush signed in 8 years.

Rick Scott is strongly committed to protecting and preserving our Second Amendment rights. As Governor, he has steadfastly upheld the rights of every Florida gun-owner and sportsman. In addition to the bills he has personally signed, he also supports Florida's Castle Doctrine law and the hard-fought parking lot law.

As further evidence of his strong commitment to the Constitution, Governor Scott selected former State Representative Carlos Lopez-Cantera as Lieutenant Governor. Lt. Governor Lopez-Cantera was an A+ rated member of the Florida House, with a proven record on Second Amendment issues. Protect your Second Amendment freedoms and hunting heritage by voting to reelect Rick Scott and Carlos Lopez-Cantera on November 4.

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/Florida/

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I wasn't gungho in voting for Scott so much as I was voting against Crist. But the fact Scott's got an A+ rating from the NRA didn't hurt.

He does have some decent 2A creds. From the NRA-PVF...

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/Florida/

You definitely cannot say the same for Crist. If he had his way, he would have more gun control in this state. He even wants the SYG law re-written.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately voting for either one is like knowing I'm about too be kicked in the nuts. I'll just have a choice whether it'll be by a 17 year old kid with a black belt in karate, or Chuck Liddel.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gonna be tight...

[COLOR=#878787 !important]FL, Governor - 84.36% reporting[/COLOR]
    Rick Scott48.67%

[COLOR=#878787 !important]Republican2,672,948

[/COLOR]
    Charlie Crist46.45%

[COLOR=#878787 !important]Democrat2,550,635