• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t-blaze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just my two cents but I keep going back to my Browning A bolt in 270 WSM. It has a short action and 22" barrel in stainless, composite. The overall length is compact and light. Recoil is great but i've never noticed recoil when I shot a deer.

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I ending up buying a new Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .308 last night. I hunted all over for a compact bolt action from just about every store in town and had really narrowed it down to the Remington model 7 or the Winchester. I was hoping to the the featherweight in the compact version, but both guns were just about impossible to find in .308. I really didn't want to order online and none of the shops that I talked to even had access to the featherweight compact in 308 from their distributors so I settled for the standard size featherweight. It's still a super nice gun and my excited to put a few rounds through it. I figure I'll hunt it a while and if I need to I can always chop 1/2" off the stock to get the LOP down a little (I'm only 5'7"). Thanks for all the great advise from everyone. IMG_2859 (1024x760).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2859 (1024x760).jpg
      IMG_2859 (1024x760).jpg
      110.9 KB · Views: 147

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got to shoot it last weekend. Was kind of in a hurry and was able to get the scope pretty well on at 50 yards but didn't have time to back up farther. I'm hoping tovshoot a little more this weekend. It shoots great. I just really need to get a better scope. I need to get my bow out to start bow hunting this season, but I'm really excited to take this new rifle hunting.

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have recently purchased and set up a Marlin 1894 lever action that is chambered in the .357 handgun round. Working very well for me so far and using the Hornady bullet with the flex tip makes it about a 150 yard rifle for deer and hogs. Have read that some have taken deer out to 200. I have shot .38 special rounds through it and it is very light recoil. Very fun to shoot. I put a fixed power leupold on mine and I love the setup. Can't wait for gun season. The ammo is interchangeable for pistols or rifles so less ammo to find and store.

Top Bottom