• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Anybody see those $67.00 bricks of .22's? I almost laughed out loud.

i know man. the woman against the back wall near the middle had 50 round boxes of 22 for $25! i had the guy at georgia arms telling me how scarce it is and blah, blah, blah....i told him they can keep it i can load real ammo a whole lot cheaper than that. 22 guns were cheap though.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Good show. Saw a couple of GCGF members. One that I hadn't seen in a year or so. Bought the "perfect" gun case for my new AR/pistol. 30 inches long and extremely deep to fit my weapon once I install the thermal sight.

Picked up some gun cleaning supplies and a great T-shirt that will tighten the liberals jaws. Georgia Arms seemed well stocked. Not much powder for sale although saw some different bullets. Quite a few black guns including a AR chambered in .30-'06. Jay's has a triple bbl'ed shotgun and some of the newer guns. Several TAVORS including one in FDE. Jay told me that they are coming soon dressed in camo.

Check out Cabela's for your 22RF needs. The prices are falling and the ammo is becoming more abundant. Just because you still can't find it at Wal Mart does not indicate that it is not out there. A week ago Gander Mountain had tons of it. Seemed pretty cheap also. --- SAWMAN

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, Did you get to fondle the the newly released Hi-Point carbine chambered in 6.8SPCII? Thoughts on it? You and Frank have been giving that caliber so much positive press, I am considering getting one.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep,it's a great feeling weapon. Takes any mag designed for the 6.8 except for the LWRC type. The weight seems to be about 7lbs and it is super short. Guessing ..... about 31 inches or so. The price on the two that I saw offered for sale were $679. and $695. The ones that I saw were black however they will out shortly in FDE and ODG. The chamber is that "magical" SPCII.

Hold out on buying one Jeff. My AR "pistol" is shooting great now and am thinking of listing my Bison AR for sale for around $700. or so. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom