• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got another question. Who has the cheapest plated 9mm projectiles? Im not picky about the bullet weight, looking for 1,000 projectiles.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok. Xtreme was the cheapest I found also. I have used lead cast bullets but I prefer to use plated. Ive always got all my target 9mm projectiles off of trades but I am starting to get low.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just aquired a Lee turret press and bought dies for .40S&W and 9mm to begin with. My bench is in my garage and I have an airconditioner that I run while I am in there during hot months, though most of the week there is no aircconditioning....my primers and powder will be kept in ammo boxes and I will get dessicant too. I plan on hauling the supplies in and out of the house as I use them/load...is this necessary or is a tight fit container and dessicant enough to keep powder and primers from Gulf Coast humidity?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just aquired a Lee turret press and bought dies for .40S&W and 9mm to begin with. My bench is in my garage and I have an airconditioner that I run while I am in there during hot months, though most of the week there is no aircconditioning....my primers and powder will be kept in ammo boxes and I will get dessicant too. I plan on hauling the supplies in and out of the house as I use them/load...is this necessary or is a tight fit container and dessicant enough to keep powder and primers from Gulf Coast humidity?
    I would keep primers and powder in a climate controlled environment, as a general rule. May be unnecessary, but it makes me feel better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally I would just use airtight containers and store them in the area / temp that I plan to work in. Taking them from a cool house to a warm humid area would just cause condensation.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    John is one of us older guys, good guy, knows what his doing most of the time. I never store primers in any thing that seals, Just don't get them wet. JUst keep them in a day place, Seen people put them in glass containers and have condensation in them. Just my 5 cents.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what Ive done with fishing line is to store it in a good styrofoam cooler...keeps light out and creates a fairly stable environment. Based on the feedback, I will leave the new stuff inside and when I open a pack of primer or bottle of powder, I will put them in a good container, in a cooler and leave them in the garage. I would imagine that I will use use up the 1lb powder and 500 packs of primers in a matter of months, not years

Thanks!

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do yall do with your spent primers? I have seen them for sale on a reloading suppliers website. I have always just trashed them. 20160604_151005.jpg

Attachments

• 20160604_151005.jpg
      20160604_151005.jpg
      475.6 KB · Views: 260

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remember that the lead styphanate residue can cause heavy metal poisoning.
    It would take a butt load of primers to pay for the gas to get to the scrap yard.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems like more than a few of my used primers end up in the carpet and it takes months to get them out.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do yall do with your spent primers? I have seen them for sale on a reloading suppliers website. I have always just trashed them. View attachment 44480

Keep them. Put them in a sandwich bag with date and type. They can be reloaded if you had no other choice. We have seen shortages before, what if the Gov put $1 Tax on each one to starve the gun trade?

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have this Chrono Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph Premium Kit. Midway has it on sale right now for $99.99. It comes with a I think a 15 ft aoux cord also where you can download their mobile app and it stores all the loads for you. I like it so far!
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/628006/caldwell-ballistic-precision-chronograph-premium-kit

The Caldwell Chronograph is great for several reasons. The "brains" are in the smartphone you already own, so you don't pay for expensive processors and/or storage devices. The app is free. All the chronograph does is measure the speed; your smartphone does the rest. That's why it's inexpensive, yet good. The design is new, so it takes advantage of advances in modern electronics. It has a fast clock speed and that helps with precision and accuracy.

If you already own a tripod or if you don't need the lights for indoor shooting, then buy the basic unit for around 70 bucks.

Top Bottom