• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which electronic powder dispinser is good and cheap? Which trickler is the best or is there any difference in them?

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The RCBS chargemaster is cheap but they are hit or miss. I have one that gives me an SD of 10-12 but a friend of mine has one that is much more accurate producing SD's of 4-5. I started backing up the charge master with a gem pro 250 and got my SD's down. However I recently purchased an Automatic powder trickler from http://www.autotrickler.com It uses a modified trickler in conjunction with an A&D GX120i scale. This has been the best purchase that I have made for precision reloading and it is as fast as a Prometheus at 1/4 of the price. It throws a charge every 11 seconds that measures down to the kernel of powder. The link listed above has two videos that show the speed and accuracy of Adam Macdonalds auto trickler

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You have a whole bunch of choices for that electronic powder dispenser. Almost all of the different manufacturers make them and they are all good. Some examples are better than the rest at dispensing cylindrical powders. If the powder dispenser has variable speeds it will be a great advantage when changing between the powders shapes. For instance ----> ball powder meters great at a somewhat faster speed.
    Set up to have it dispense about 2grs under what you want ... then ... trickle the rest. --- SAWMAN

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess I have a good RCBS Chargemaster. It works great for me pretty good to dead on to .1 grains of powder. I have run 7.5gr of 700x for my subsonic 308 loads to just the other day 21 gr of littlegun for some 44 mag loads. Also ran tightgroup, CFE .223, etc... I load alot of different stuff.

I bought the unit used and it gave me some trouble and I called RCBS they had me try some programming settings and still was way off. They had me ship it to them and they shipped back a brand new one to me. Been perfect since then.

Last edited:

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had the lyman DPS1200 since they came out with them back in the dark ages......
    I've had the I,II and now the III & gen-5.
    my son has the new rcbs chargemaster and he likes it.
    so we are happy with what we have.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no clue how I got it straight but that was the luckiest hit with a wrench ever. It is bent 2 different directions at the top but it lines up perfectly with the flash hole.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the offer Jeep. I will just order one since this one will work until then.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I emailed Alliant Powders to see what powder they recommend for a .308 bolt gun and they only mentioned AR Comp. Has anyone here used AR Comp for .308 bolt gun reloads? If so tell us how you like it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I use IMR4895 and WW748 in the .308. Between those 2 powders, I can always find an accurate load with the bullets I've tried.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As stated before,the 308Win and 748 are a perfect combo. Now . . I do not shoot any of the >160gr bullets and for me shooting the <151gr bullets 748 is king. It even works for the <131gr bullets.
    Now . . . these days I find myself not trying to get super high vels out of my loads. With the proper bullet choice you do not have to do this anyway . . . especially for hunting.
    IMO for anything in Fla the 130gr Barnes TSX at ~ 2800fps is super. Put these ON the shoulder of deer and hogs. ---SAWMAN

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So this is why I like IMR4064.
    IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG

OCW workup. Ruger M77 6.5 Creedmoor Sierra 120 grain HPBT, Hornady brass, Winchester Large Rifle, 2.820 OAL 100 yards. Number 3 group measure .075". None over 1".

Attachments

• IMG_0635.JPG
      IMG_0635.JPG
      54.9 KB · Views: 162
    • IMG_0637.JPG
      IMG_0637.JPG
      49.4 KB · Views: 157
    Top Bottom