• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So you're saying net bonus was smaller last year? If so that's most likely where it is. Sometimes when you get extra money in a paycheck it's taxed at a higher rate. I learned that one time I forgot to submit my timecard on time. I missed a paycheck and was thinking my next paycheck should double what my normal paycheck was. Not the case, the amount of two paychecks combined pushed me into a higher tax bracket and they took quite a bit more tax, sucks if you're paying your bills paycheck to paycheck and expecting a certain amount!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So you're saying net bonus was smaller last year? If so that's most likely where it is. Sometimes when you get extra money in a paycheck it's taxed at a higher rate. I learned that one time I forgot to submit my timecard on time. I missed a paycheck and was thinking my next paycheck should double what my normal paycheck was. Not the case, the amount of two paychecks combined pushed me into a higher tax bracket and they took quite a bit more tax, sucks if you're paying your bills paycheck to paycheck and expecting a certain amount!

Yes, my bonus last year was smaller than the year before. But the bonus fluctuates depending on lot of metrics, so I didn't realize that it was smaller due to more taxes being taken out.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you know income tax is illegal? It's in the Constitution I believe in article 3 section 9 and it was illegally ratified, ALSO INCOME TAX WAS ORIGINALLY A TEMPORARY TAX TO HELP FUND WWI, SO BEFORE 1913 AMERICANS KEPT 100% OF THEIR PAYCHECK.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taxes are confusing as hell to me. I stopped trying to do my own about 6 years ago. I have a guy that's been doing them for me since then. I 1099 so I always need to keep all my write offs in order. He had me set up a business to file through and that gets me a little break as well in taxes. I get a small return usually but that goes right into paying Alabama taxes and also paying my accountant. Might have a couple hundred left over if I'm lucky.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was an hourly worker for one pay period in my first position with my last seismic exploration crew. Taxes and social security took almost half my paycheck due to the overtime I had worked trying to get the crew up and running, I put in 204 hours in a 2 week pay period. The owner came came to me and offered to put me on salary where the gross wasn't as much but the net was about $400 more than the first paycheck plus I got paid the same even during the 10 days I had off. We were working 20 days on with 10 days off and I jumped at it, saved the owner money and put more in my pocket. Damn I miss those days but not the on and off cycles of the oil exploration industry.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Did you know income tax is illegal? It's in the Constitution I believe in article 3 section 9 and it was illegally ratified, ALSO INCOME TAX WAS ORIGINALLY A TEMPORARY TAX TO HELP FUND WWI, SO BEFORE 1913 AMERICANS KEPT 100% OF THEIR PAYCHECK.

tariffs paid for the govt then.....gosh knows we can't do that now, the poor countries will be broke....even though they charge us tariffs...

try not paying them, you will find out quick how fast they will come for you

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tariffs paid for the govt then.....gosh knows we can't do that now, the poor countries will be broke....even though they charge us tariffs...

try not paying them, you will find out quick how fast they will come for you

My point is there should be a flat sales tax and no income tax, abolish the IRS.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My point is there should be a flat sales tax and no income tax, abolish the IRS.

I agree....I do not like the VAT tax either like Europe does, but a consumption tax on goods bought, would tax everyone, the tourist, the illegals, the rich, the poor, all would pay..

right now, almost 50% of the population pay nothing, are takers from the system, not contributors..
    we have to get those who pay nothing, to pay something to make this country grow.

the old saying comes to mind, nobody rides for free, ya got to pay something...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife was an accountant and an IRS enrolled agent. I haven't had to fiddle with taxes in decades other than "Here, sign this and walk it to the mailbox".

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    does anyone else pour peanuts, like honey roasted, or salted roasted, in the cap, and eat the halves first, put the whole ones back, rinse and repeat..
    or am I weird...?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    NO, you are weird, but that is ok I guess...

ok, thanks, just wondering....I eat the malformed ones, any broke ones and the ones stuck together first too, put the whole ones back till later

must be a peanut racist supremesist....

S_SHELL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ok, thanks, just wondering....I eat the malformed ones, any broke ones and the ones stuck together first too, put the whole ones back till later

must be a peanut racist supremesist....

sounds o.c.d as hell .... kinda like dumping out chex mix and seperating the pieces before eating , which i tend to do alot

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    sounds o.c.d as hell .... kinda like dumping out chex mix and seperating the pieces before eating , which i tend to do alot

I only do this with nuts, cashews, honey roasted peanuts, dry roasted...any snack mix I just eat what comes out in my hand, I think it helps from overeating, as the halves and pieces are in the minority , makes them last longer

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been outta town for training the last 2 weeks. Ready to go home and see my family. Motel living sucks

Top Bottom