• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    getting a really big ass safe delivered today! Spent a ton of time dry firing the Sig. Really deciding if I want a police trade in DA/SA 226/229 9mm or the 226 SAO or the 226 Legion SAO or the 229 Legion. No..can't own them all lol.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    getting a really big ass safe delivered today! Spent a ton of time dry firing the Sig. Really deciding if I want a police trade in DA/SA 226/229 9mm or the 226 SAO or the 226 Legion SAO or the 229 Legion. No..can't own them all lol.
    A big safe really needs to be my next gun purchase. Not another gun. If you happen to get a SAO Sig, I'd like to try it out. Still can't get passed the DA/SA trigger.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I love how everyone is crazy about that SAO sig, and I couldn't give mine away a year ago. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ryan,
    Try a mag change on the 226, without changing your strong hand grip, before you buy it. I got rid of my DA/SA because of that.
    Ed

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Leigon is just joining a invisable Club IMHO. Police trades are normally great values in utility guns: night sights may be dead and you normally don't get all the stock goodies in the box. Action type is always a personal/use choice. My former DA/SAs are long gone from my inventory.
    Alum frame mag wells do get dinged by steel mags over time with non perfect insertion.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Took my son to the range today. He shot the 22LR, 556 and 6.5grendel. He absolutely loved it with the supressor on. We had a blast (no pun intednded).

I think its time to build him a 556 AR that he can call his own. His birthday is coming up. I think ill have him help me build it and then give it to him on his birthday!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Made some extra case/shell
    holders for reloading out of scrap 1/4" plywood instead of throwing it away

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Leigon is just joining a invisable Club IMHO. Police trades are normally great values in utility guns: night sights may be dead and you normally don't get all the stock goodies in the box. Action type is always a personal/use choice. My former DA/SAs are long gone from my inventory.
    Alum frame mag wells do get dinged by steel mags over time with non perfect insertion.

I just sold my police trade in sig. Night sights still had considerable glow, had a good amount of wear but was barely shot. Extremely dirty with tons of lint. I can't find a 229 or 226 9mm da/sa sig to save my life. I can get a new 229 da/sa for 750, I'll want to add E2 grips and SRT which puts you in the 875ish range. I can get a legion through the IOP for 999 so the extra 125$ to me seems worth it. If police trade ins were still in the $400 range and were available I would be all over it said and done.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    picked up a G19. Changed the sights to ameriglo pro idots but not doing a disconnector or anything else just going to work on a lot of dry fire and good technique.

The guy checking me out let me know that if someone ever turns your gun into you and tries to pull the trigger that it won't fire..and demonstrated it by grabbing my glock and putting it in his chest and trying to pull the trigger...things that make you go hhhmmm

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure that's the way to demonstrate or message to put out there. But like most guns a Glock won't fire when out of battery, even minutely so and the more appropriate lesson I think would be if you ever need to draw your Glock don't ever press it to your target and expect it to go bang, this would be pertinent in a scuffle or a fight for custody of your Glock should such a thing ever occur.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Very cool, not $15k cool though...
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554032581
    Not happening.
    The guy checking me out let me know that if someone ever turns your gun into you and tries to pull the trigger that it won't fire..and demonstrated it by grabbing my glock and putting it in his chest and trying to pull the trigger...things that make you go hhhmmm
    Did his name tag say "Ron" and did he have a shady looking goatee?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    picked up a G19. Changed the sights to ameriglo pro idots but not doing a disconnector or anything else just going to work on a lot of dry fire and good technique.

Clerks advice will get some uneducated person or their buddy a toe tag.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found my Dan Wesson 357 , that I thought was in safe , hr. later found it an after reading about this pistol decided to keep it !!!!! denny in pace !!!!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its almost mandatory that when you run a 44 mag handgun you get a lever gun to match. I had a Ruger Hunter and a Browning 92. Kept it stock, no scope; due to its use and ballistics. Lot of fun there just don't pinch your finger between the trigger and lever. Lol

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been doing quite a bit of gun stuff lately. Besides shooting the AL State IDPA match this past Saturday, I've also been slowly working on swapping out parts on my main competition AR. After selling the US Optics scope last week, I managed to find a pretty good deal on a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 on Sunday. It ought to be here tomorrow. I'm still waiting to hear back from the company I'm buying my new barrel from. I need to call them today.

I also bought a new 3-gun shotgun yesterday. It's the exact same model as an unfired one I already own, but has had a bunch of work done to it by MOA Precision. I hadn't gathered enough courage or time to start grinding on mine, so finding one for a good price that has already been worked over was a no-brainer. If anyone is interested, keep you eyes peeled for an unfired Stoeger M3K that is going to show up in the for sale section soon.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Did a little shooting with Daezee and my Son on the property yesterday. Had a blast!!!

Some vids and pics.

[video]https://youtu.be/FXJlp6Gbi9E[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/DHmY74btQ2Y[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/7C1iiS_GTjk[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/hKBMdBUV170[/video]

14623023398831_zps5wx4nfkt.jpg

14623023399723_zpsawiazg9y.jpg

Top Bottom