• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    As soon as that man came out of his car fumbling with his hands around his waist I would have had him at gun point and told him to not come up to the car. Major mistakes made by that officer and it cost him sadly.
    Yep... and yet I might've done the same thing the perp did (e.g., get out and walk back) if stranded by the side of the road and a cop pulled up behind, minus the strange body language, the hoodie covering my face, etc.

I would have thought it more suspicious if I didn't get out in those circumstances. And of course, the perp could have stayed seated and just popped the trooper when he came to the window, so... maybe just have him stick both hands out the window as you approach? Should you do that with everyone you approach?

And I think the car was stolen, but maybe not reported as such yet? What a mess...

It's a exceedingly fine line the cops are expected to walk.

Obviously it might have gone better if:

1. The trooper ordered him to stay in the car.

2. The trooper ran the tag, though it may not have been in the system yet.

3. The trooper ordered him to exit the car with both hands on his head, walk backwards, then cuffed and patted him down.

Even then, it still could have gone south with someone who has nothing to lose and no scruples. And if the trooper did all that on camera to a "pro-sports player", for example, the trooper would probably be out of a job, a.k.a, why I could never be a cop, especially today. Probably a good example of that right here:

Top Bottom