• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    SOLD Ok i am wanting to trade my Like new Remington 700 SPS varmint in .308 caliber.
    It has the 26inch bull barrel,adjustable trigger,3 eyelets 2 for strap and 1 for bi-pod.
    It is completly factory.
    Low round count.
    All black in color stock an barrel.
    BDL-Bottom drop lever (plate)
    Shoots amazing- hole's touch each other at 100 yards.

U can PM all trade's but mainly looking for semiauto rifle's.
    AR10,BAR,Win X,6.8,FN 5.7 and many more...
    Per forum rules i post price for out right sale of both gun and scope at $1425

If its the right trade (AR10,6.8 AR) i have some cash and i can include the mounted and sighted scope.
    Burris Eliminator 4x12-42 on bourd digital Range finding
    It claims to calculate upto a 90inch drop at 800 yards (not enough zoom for me to see 800)
    Collects light well- used until a few mins after dark yesterday and was able to see even then.

Attachments

• Gun 700 full.jpg
      Gun 700 full.jpg
      185.7 KB · Views: 241
    • Gun 700 scope.jpg
      Gun 700 scope.jpg
      177.2 KB · Views: 241
    • gun burris box.jpg
      gun burris box.jpg
      148.1 KB · Views: 239
    Last edited:

Stanley13

How about selling it without the scope?

Doubt i will sell it without scope.
    Reason is I cant get what i want for what just my 700 is worth.
    But if U have a trade of a semi auto rifle I like then i would do a swap or cash from either to make up differ higher or lower( Im not putting lots of cash with on my end)Also have a mossburg 12ga pump 500A i can throw in
    The scope is worth way more than my Rem 700.
    Thanks for looking

SAWMAN

Master
    Stanley,you and I are buds so I feel that I can tell you this. Seperate them. You have almost no chance at selling the weapon and scope together unless you take a beating on the package. Hope this isn't taken as an insult. I am telling you this from expierance since we are so close.

Good luck with the sale/trade. --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

Stanley,you and I are buds so I feel that I can tell you this. Seperate them. You have almost no chance at selling the weapon and scope together unless you take a beating on the package. Hope this isn't taken as an insult. I am telling you this from expierance since we are so close.

Good luck with the sale/trade. --- SAWMAN

Thanks and I completly agree normally but i dont need to trade or sale just that i would so doubt i will separate.
    Plus i put on armslist and craigslist and getting unreal amount of texts and dont see it as a problem at all.
    Already 3 offer i would take if a better doesnt come around.

Guy offered me a 70's Browning BAR unfire in .243 that i am considering but dont know the value because of age and I would be shooting it and hate to ruin value? It is etched and a belgium made

Last edited:

kaferhaus

Marksman
    Very FEW BARs have any collector value at all, fired or not. Only the guns with factory "cut", not etched or rolled engraving with either gold or silver reliefs are collectible or worth more than a shooter.

And surprise, surprise, the Japanese made guns almost always shoot better than the Belgian ones do....

Stanley13

Please look and let me know what u think??

Very FEW BARs have any collector value at all, fired or not. Only the guns with factory "cut", not etched or rolled engraving with either gold or silver reliefs are collectible or worth more than a shooter.

And surprise, surprise, the Japanese made guns almost always shoot better than the Belgian ones do....

Gonna post some pics. If u can help me know a value that would b awesome.Thanks

Attachments

• gun 243A.JPG
      gun 243A.JPG
      189.9 KB · Views: 149

kaferhaus

Marksman
    That's machine scrolled.

If he has the box, paperwork, hang taps etc it might grade at 100% making it worth $700. if not then it's a $600 rifle, top dollar. By the looks of the wood, it's still a grade I rifle.

Shot or not, it's still a "used" gun. Many guys don't seem to be able to grasp that. One it's sold off some FFL holder's books, it's a "used" gun.

Stanley13

Update

That's machine scrolled.

If he has the box, paperwork, hang taps etc it might grade at 100% making it worth $700. if not then it's a $600 rifle, top dollar. By the looks of the wood, it's still a grade I rifle.

Shot or not, it's still a "used" gun. Many guys don't seem to be able to grasp that. One it's sold off some FFL holder's books, it's a "used" gun.

Ok it has original box and paper work and was a 1969 model and said etching is factory done like all that time.Plus had some print out saying value was over $1100??

kaferhaus

Marksman
    value was over $1100??

ROFLMAO

let him sell it for that.. There's nothing special about that rifle, period.

If YOU think it's worth $1100 then by all means allow him that on trade. To me or anyone who knows what the cash value is... it's still a $700 gun.

TraderDan

Master
    Stanley,
    I think ALL the advice in this thread has been sincere and pretty much head on. It is a nice shootable rifle for you or your WIFE, but so is the 700 zombie slayer combo.

Stanley13

Stanley,
    I think ALL the advice in this thread has been sincere and pretty much head on. It is a nice shootable rifle for you or your WIFE, but so is the 700 zombie slayer combo.

Thanks but the Ole lady dont like the bolt action it throws her off and the kick is uncomforable even though she wont admit it..Plus it is a 26inch bull barrel so to heavy for her. So it will not due at all plus i have other sniper rifle i like better so this one gets the boot. And when the Zombie's come i will not be grabbing a bolt action of any kind!

Have a full size 30-30 but she also dont like it.And had bought her a youth model 30-30 and she hated it worse.

kaferhaus

Marksman
    That BAR aint no light weight! one of the biggest knocks on them over the years has always been the weight.

Get her a nice light bolt gun in 243 and she'll be a happy camper.

Stanley13

That BAR aint no light weight! one of the biggest knocks on them over the years has always been the weight.

Get her a nice light bolt gun in 243 and she'll be a happy camper.

I didnt know they were heavy so thanks ill have to put one in her hands before getting then to make sure she likes. It is a .243 and short barrel though does than matter? But bolt action is not a option she dont like the process of bolt plus bolt has more recoil.Had lots of offer of to trade just my gun for remington 7400's and 742's but i read they r bad about jamming so dont think ill do that? Plus offered a .280 semiauto rifle but i never heard of a .280?

kaferhaus

Marksman
    the newer ones have an aluminum receiver and are a bit lighter but still heavy. The Rem 742-7400 etc are also heavy. The 7400 is very reliable. Nice high gloss/walnut used one is only worth about 450.00. Matte with plastic stock is worth 400 tops

SAWMAN

Master
    Great looking gun that Browning. Great blonde wood. The 243 is a short action so I would suspect no jams if kept clean.

Personally I would say...not "heavy" however "heavy" is in the eyes of the beholder.

If you can get him to put a trade value on it of $450.......jump on it. ---- SAWMAN

Stanley13

Sold. But might have a browning A-bolt in 30-06 and a ruger 45 for trade soon.

Top Bottom