• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Have a 420rd can of Federal XM855 62gr Green Tips. Would like to trade for some 5.45x39. Silver Bear, Wolf, 7n6, Golden Tiger, etc. Only 5.45 I wouldn't be interested in is the soft point stuff. Will also take surplus AK74 magazines (no ProMag or Tapco please - Bulgarian Circle mags, East German Bakelites, or Russian Plums / Bakelites) + some ammo. Also will trade for a metal side folding stock, 4.5mm pin size plus some ammo or mags.

If you have mags you'd like to trade, I'm primarily after Russian Plum magazines as they seem to run the best in my rifle, but any surplus mags will do. If anyone out there has a 4.5mm metal sidefolder, I'd be extremely interested.

This 5.56 ammo comes in 30rd boxes, loaded on 10rd chargers, 3 per box. This ammo has never been loaded, stripped off the chargers, or otherwise messed with. Let me know what you have and let's make a deal.

Per the rules, $170 cash price.

Traded. Thanks!

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I was thinking more 1-2 trade. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm seeing the green tips go between .40 to .50 cents a round, while 5.45 can be had anywhere from .18 to .26 cents a round depending on what you get.

If I'm off base let me know, that's just what I've found from searching around the internet. Also wanting more mags and the stock too, so I'd be willing to do any combination of the items listed in the OP so long as it comes out to be approximately equal value.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That looks about right but I'd say the little surplus that's available is over .20 a round with shipping on top of that. It was pretty consistent at .17 but the ATF fixed that with the Ban.

Silver bear/wolf is about .27 a round depending on what you're paying for shipping. That's most of what you're going to be getting now. There's still a little of the surplus ammo out there but it's lost it's draw at the higher price point. I didn't mind corrosive when it was cheaper.

the green tip has come down a little recently. Lots of sales the past couple of weeks. The stripper clip version packaging is still pushing .40 though.

Classic firearms has some of the bulgarian surplus mags available for $30. they're orange or brown. Haven't dealt with these guys but they've got black ones in stock. http://jesticearms.com/Bulgarian-AK...45x39-30rd-Black-Polymer-Surplus-Magazine-mag

SGammo has 5.45 ammo and bulgarian mags in brown and black. They're good on their prices and shipping.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I picked up a pouch with four mags in it from Classic, all Circle 21 - they're very stiff in my rifle and don't seat well. Probably just need to file the locking tab on the mags slightly. The Circle 10 fits a little stiff but otherwise it's fine. Jestice is GTG, that's where I got my Russian mags from but they're out of stock now. Jestice was the best value out there that I could find for Russian mags; hopefully they get some more back in stock. For being surplus mags, they're pretty nice and look good. A bit ironic that my Bulgy rifle doesn't like Bulgy mags.

There's still one vendor selling 7n6 at ~$205 for a 1080 can, which comes out right at .18 cents or so without shipping. How about a 1-2 trade for 7n6, or a 1-1 for commercial since it's non-corrosive and getting close to 5.56 prices? If you have a 1080 round can I'd throw in cash to make up the difference.

EDIT: Traded. Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom