• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this!!! If you need someone to handle overflow Rick, let me know! :D

shootnstarz

Master
    As long as they are verifiable US silver coins then their metal content is 21-22x face value at the brokers, 25X for collectors. I live in N/W Pensacola, currently working off Spanish Trail.

Hugh, it's a free country (for the moment) so you're free to advertise for coins as well. I by no means have the patent on coin collecting.

Rick

Ric-san

Master
    Do you collect/take the 1965-1969 Silver halves...???

2012silvertotal4_zpsad4653fa.jpg

Last edited:

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    65-70 are 40%. Still valuable, but most prefer the 90%. Can't speak for Rick tho.

If Rick doesn't want them I would.

Ric-san

Master
    Hugh...I didn't include 1970 silver halves in the above because they only were available in u.s. mint sets...have yet to see one in circulation...

shootnstarz

Master
    Yep, I like the 40%ers too. They are currently worth about $4 a piece, just checked today. I'll buy all you have for that.

Silver Eagles are very nice too, but my fav is the old Morgans. Last I heard the mint can't keep up with the demand for Eagles and the price is skyrocketing. Canadian silver dollars are more readily available now than the US ones, and cheaper too. But the 1 oz rounds are the cheapest coin in that weight and purity, they've pretty much replaced the ingots.

Rick

shootnstarz

Master
    That sure is a pretty pile there Ric, I count about 50, a Franklin and a walking liberty too. That sure would look good in my piggy bank ! Don't you need a couple of nice benjis in place of all that heavy metal?

Rick

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Think the US Mint has already ceased prod a couple times a year waiting on blanks. Think the Maples are having the same prob too.

The Philharmonics are really nice looking coins too!

shootnstarz

Master
    Hummm, broker told me the Maples were prevelent, Eagles are scarce, but I only know what they tell me. I must admitt I'm a little uneducated when it comes to the new stuff.

Rick

Attachments

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      146.5 KB · Views: 116
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      190.1 KB · Views: 116
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      234.1 KB · Views: 118
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      256.7 KB · Views: 117

Ric-san

Master
    I'm kinda a silver coin hoarder...Almost brokered a deal of silver coins for a Glock locally but the guy was way underbidding my offer at $3.75 for a 40%, at the time it was less than 80% value, so I'll pass from him for a while. I scored big from my father in law a few yrs ago and picked up a few hundred 90%'ers at less than $4 per....he was happy they stayed in the family but my other bro in law picked up the CC Morgans before I had a clue....

Last edited:

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    It may have been bad scoop. I haven't check avail on any of the 2013 stuff. It gets a little crazy when it's first released.

That 1886 is gorgeous!!

Ouch on the CC Morgans.

shootnstarz

Master
    Yea, who knows what they will tell you to steer you in a direction benefitial to them. They may make more comish off a Maple than Eagle.

I also have a supply of rare copper and nickel coins, errors and some pre-civil war I'd like to turn into regular silver coins or bullion. Any suggestion where I might do some trading the rare stuff for some heavy metal?

Rick

Attachments

• coin 001.jpg
      coin 001.jpg
      142.2 KB · Views: 106
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      106.7 KB · Views: 104
    Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Emerald Coast Coin has plenty of Silver Eagles, $36.50 a pop yesterday, spot silver at $32. A guy came in and bought 10 while I was in there, that put a dent in the supply but they still have some. Picked up a couple myself, cause they're just so damn pretty !!!

Rick

shootnstarz

Master
    100 coin minimum, way out of my league. I'm just a poor old carpenter. Looks like you're paying about the same per coin though, especially with shipping charges. I do like their $1000 face value 90% coin bag, about the price of a new Ford Pickup.

Rick

Top Bottom