WTB Muzzle-loader Musket/Rifle (or trade)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Themumfordman

Master
    I've been toying for a while with getting into some old school black powder fun-ness. Looking to ideally trade, can purchase if the right deal presents itself. Ideally something that's in good functional condition and possibly that comes with at least a starter setup for shot/powder and so forth.

Whatcha got?

FlyingMonkey

Shooter
    I'm interested to see what you find. I just picked up a replica Kentucky rifle for $200. From what I can tell, the only issue is it's missing the ramrod. Easy fix.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    I've been toying for a while with getting into some old school black powder fun-ness. Looking to ideally trade, can purchase if the right deal presents itself. Ideally something that's in good functional condition and possibly that comes with at least a starter setup for shot/powder and so forth.

Whatcha got?
    You didn’t mention what caliber you’re looking for, I used to be big time in to black powder shooting and hunting. Still got several long guns and hand guns. Over the years I’ve killed white tails with 45, 50, 54 and 58 caliber round balls. Dumping powder down the muzzle and ramming a patched ball is a lot of fun.

David Payne

Expert
    You might take a look at my post. Fullest exactly what you are looking for.
    577 '1861 Enfield Musketoon' percussion rifle by Parker-Hale:

The lock engraved '1861 Enfield' and with virtually full hardening-colour, 'P-H' crowned on the tail, brass trigger-guard, colour-hardened trigger, figured three-quarter length stock with brass butt-plate and Parker-Hale armoury roundel on the right side of the butt, sling-swivels, brass-capped forestock, the barrel, stamped Parker-Hale, Birmingham, England, secured by two barrel-bands, with tangent-rearsight, graduated from 100 to 600 yards, block-mounted blade-foresight and bayonet-lugWeight 6lb. 9oz., 14 3/8in. pull (14in. stock), 23¼in. barrel, Birmingham Black Powder proof. Combination tool and steel ramrod, comes with loading box with loading accessories, several already made up bullets, and powder. Everthing you need to hunt or shoot.

Will trade for:​

Will trade up or down for 2in. - 4in. Colt, S&W, Ruger, or Taurus revolver in 44magnum plus cash if need be depending on value of your trade
    . Trade value is $700

Attachments​

• 20220820_123005.jpg
      20220820_123005.jpg
      4.7 MB · Views: 75
    • 20220820_123031.jpg
      20220820_123031.jpg
      4.3 MB · Views: 75
    • 20220828_120621.jpg
      20220828_120621.jpg
      3.4 MB · Views: 75
    Last edi

Themumfordman

Master
    Thanks for all the emails and assistance. Made a deal yesterday to get a sweet muzzle loader to play with from a fantastic gentleman.

Attachments

• IMG_9111.jpeg
      IMG_9111.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 7
    Top Bottom