• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler2142

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im looking for a Lee carbide 357 mag die set if anyone has a set for sale. Figured id try to buy it locally first before ordering it from somewhere.

My question is: I read some people just using the 3 die set and doing a taper crimp for light/target loads and others doing a roll crimp on hunting loads but there was never really a clear yes or no. Will the 3 die set be sufficient or do i need the FCD? Thanks!

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have loaded many thousand .38/.357 over the years and never used a taper crimp. I just used a light roll crimp on plinking loads and a heavier crimp on the hotter loads. I do use a taper crimp on .45 ACP that headspaces on the case mouth. If I were going to buy a separate crimp die I would get a Lee Factory Crimp Die. Now I use that for all my rimmed cases. It does a great job and takes about 10 seconds to adjust the crimp.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/251707/lee-carbide-factory-crimp-die-38-special-357-magnum
    I'm sure there are other opinions.

If you end up ordering new, just get the Deluxe 4 die set.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/309802/lee-deluxe-carbide-4-die-set-38-special-357-magnum

Last edited:
    Top Bottom