• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockGuy

Marksman
    Anyone have one they wouldn't mind letting go for a reasonable price? Or seen one around town?

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Hey if you know any of the answers to the following questions im about to ask u please reply.
    I also am looking for one, I think and i say it that way because I am getting the impression that it is comparable to the FN 5.7 maybe?
    Mainly I want to know will it penatrate bullet proof vest as well?
    Can it take a @100 yard shot as accuratly and effectivly?
    I have not seen priceing on the ammo yet.Cheaper than dirt dont carry it.So i would love a comparison to 5.7 ammo priceing and availibility.

Now 1 of the pluses is the 30 round capasity.
    And maybe lighter wieght?

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Some people say it is comparable to the 5.7 because of the large ammo capacity and because it shoots a .22 Mag cartridge
    Im not sure about penatrating a bullet proof vest or the 100 yard shot
    and from what I hear they are very lightweight

olecarver

Master
    Well me 51 an my younger brother have been thinking about one of these, The reports Ive been told,, I dont know But told run smooth an a reliable. As for cutting armor,,, I dont think so.. Shot placement, an practice was our intent. Hey MODS, Is this one of those items one of our members that buy an sell with FFL could look into forum group buy??? Interested if could pick up at decent price.... Thanks much olecarver

Last edited:

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Yeah the MSRP is supposedly $415.00 I called Destin guns they said the last one they sold went for $600 and they dont see getting any soon in their future. The only shop in my area I have not tried is Tradewinds, maybe Miles can order somthing.

Stanley13

Mixed it up with a .22 hornet I guess. Sorry

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    It is a supply & demand issue - driving up the prices.

George Kelgren chooses to run his production facility in batches of models. Not all models are produced all the time.

Demand for his more innovative products remains high & he chooses not to expand his capacity. The most innovative models like the RFB, KSG, and PMR30 are made in batches and then sent to distributors - who allocate them to dealers.

There is one gun shop near his factory - located over on Merrit Island that usually has most of KT's products in stock. A google search may reveal the name and contact info. That would be the best place to ask about a quantity buy...

SAWMAN

Master
    Stan, you can't seem to find 22mag ammo ?? I feel your pain. There is only about a gazillion places to get it at. Starting at Wally World.

You have enough posts now ....you can stop with the ......non question,questions. --- SAWMAN

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Stan, you can't seem to find 22mag ammo ?? I feel your pain. There is only about a gazillion places to get it at. Starting at Wally World.

You have enough posts now ....you can stop with the ......non question,questions. --- SAWMAN

lol I was thinking the same thing.

Stanley13

I was under the impression that it was not .22 mag ammo. I was understanding that it was a .22 mag lead with a rimfire cartridge? If it is just .22 mag then yes it's every where.

j74snook

Expert
    I was under the impression that it was not .22 mag ammo. I was understanding that it was a .22 mag lead with a rimfire cartridge? If it is just .22 mag then yes it's every where.

uhhhm i think you just dont understand. 22 mag is rimfire. Youre just pullin peoples chains I guess

Clay

Master
    What's the fascination with these, just curious? So many pistols in bigger calibers offering 17-20+1 capacity, and 22mag ammo ain't cheap, so what's the deal? Novelty, zombie head shot killer, the 30 rd ability? Would you carry this? A lot of guns ya can buy for $600.....

GlockGuy

Marksman
    The deal with the PMR30 is that of any gun you want to buy that you dont need, they are cool.

.22 mag semiauto handgun.. how can you say no?

SAWMAN

Master
    You know.....another "option" could be one of the older Grendel P30's. I do believe that these were the "old" Kel Tec. Take a look-see. --- SAWMAN

flyandscuba

Master
    Yep, Grendel was George Kelgren's earlier firearm venture. The P30 was similar - but the magazines were the weakness in the design. I had one for a time - and it ran well.

Marksman
    The Grendel mags were junk and would not hold more than about 20 rds before mag would swell and start coughing out rounds while trying to load it. Looks like the new keltec mags are plastic also, hopefully a better design.

jrs1957

Shooter
    It uses the standard 22 WRM ammo, available at most places that sell ammo. my 2 cents

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    The secret service actually carries the 5.7 on presidential detail with LE restricted rounds tring to find source now..

Top Bottom