• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know this is an old post but give us an update on your electric bike I'm thinking about 1 myself

Oldergeek

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know this is an old post but give us an update on your electric bike I'm thinking about 1 myself
    Alright, First thing, I really like it.

This was not a purchase based on a whole lot of research searching for the "right" bike. One that generally met the description of what I thought I wanted came up for a very good price and I bought it. Now for the things that I didn't think about or know about at the time.
    1. Height of the seat. My bike is labeled as 27" I'm supposed to be 5'11" but that was years ago. Anyway, I have a little bit of trouble with the seat height. I lowered it as much as possible, even took out an extra spring cushion on the post to lower it even further. It's still just a little taller than I would like. So, check the height.
    2. Riding in the woods is neat, its very quiet. I bought it for hunting and the quiet part is incredible. The only noise is tires crunching leaves. However, the woods roads and trails are pretty bad in places and it makes for a rough ride. Opt for extra shocks and springs in your bike. Mine has some, but I would like more (Did I mention that I'm 73?)
    3. You will need to carry stuff when you go hunting. Bikes don't really lend themselves to that. To solve that problem I put the largest basket that I could find on Amazon on the front handlebars. Just like I had on my bike back in the late 50's. My bike has front shocks, so I couldn't mount the basket to the front axel like it was made to do. (shocks compress, the axel moves up and down.) So I ordered 2 - 1 3/4" muffler brackets and put them around the top collar of the shocks. Then shortened the vertical support posts for the basket and attached them to the muffler brackets. That seems to be working nicely. Lastly I ordered a 2 wheel deer totter cart and built a hitch to fit on the rear book carrier shelf (that I also installed). Cart pulls nicely, but is a bit noisy. I figure I will only use it carrying in a stand or carrying out a deer.
    4. Opt for the largest battery that you can find. Dual battery is even better. I ran out of power in the woods and peddling back is not nearly as easy as it used to be.

the bike that I have was not designed for hunting, but it does have fat tires so it is working out nicely. Good bikes are insanely expensive, but so is everything else these days.

Would I do it again, yes indeed.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom