• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gentle Wolf

Expert
    I'm in the market for a complete 22lr upper. I would love to find one with a bull barrel such as a Nordic Components or DPMS but there seems to be none available. I am now looking at offerings from CMMG, but I don't have my heart set on anything if a good deal pops up. I saw the Chiappa/ATI units but I have read too many mixed reviews to invest in one. I also don't care for the polymer receiver on them.

If you have one to sell or a lead on one let me know.

merkinman

Marksman
    I love my poly Chiappa upper 1500 rounds thru it no problems after a coulpe mods to buffer and spring. I have C-MORE red dot cheap plinking fun.

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    The reason I mentioned mixed reviews on the Chiappa is that both word of mouth and online I have heard that you either get a good one or you don't. I have heard of guys not getting through 10 rds without some sort of malfunction. On the other hand I hear it's the best thing since sliced bread.

The other factor is the polymer receiver. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, just not what I'm looking for. If I don't happen up on a heavy barrel model I will probably go the CMMG route. With a couple of upgrades it operates just like a 5.56 ar (including the forward assist). This isn't a big deal except for when I am teaching the kids in the family about the proper safety operation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom