Wreaths for Veteran's Graves at Barrancas National Cemetery.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rossi

Master
    Folks, I having been getting this email for years. It's a thing that warms your heart. It's a tribute to our Veteran's, a boost for many Community Oriented Projects. In past years, I have bought five, one for Dad, and four more for other Veteran's. I am doing 10 this year. Won't you please consider buying one or more. THANKS!

Hello Barrancas Wreaths Sponsor;

First, Thank you to all of you veterans! You made sacrifices and took risks for all of us here. We are all in your debt.

I am sending a reminder to ask you to sponsor wreaths at Barrancas National Cemetery this year as you have in the past. With the long, hot summer behind us, it is a good time to remember and honor all of those who sacrificed for our freedom. I am attaching Individual and Organization order forms if you want to print them out and mail a check or you can order online at https://www,BarrancasWreaths.com/Online-Order with a credit card.

Remember wreaths are not sent to Barrancas unless they are sponsored by grateful patriots like you. Neither the VA, the Branches of the Military nor any other part of the government provides wreaths. Last year we were able to place only 25,000 wreaths on the 50,000+ graves at Barrancas and sadly we are behind last year’s totals. Only a little over 13,000 wreaths have been sponsored for Barrancas so far in 2023. Please donate for the veterans you love who are buried here, but also sponsor wreaths for those who have no family left to honor their memories. The deadline to order is 11/28/2023 for placement on 12/16/2023.

Thanks for your help,

Martin Haygood, Kiwanis of Big Lagoon Wreath Coordinator

PS: Investing $17 in a veteran’s memorial wreath at www.BarrancasWreaths.com sets off a cascade of good. We are honoring our veterans and their family’s sacrifices, recruiting youth to do good (come lay wreaths), and making the world a more beautiful place. The $5 Kiwanis makes on each wreath goes to our Foundation which serves the children of Escambia County, Florida. We spend about $50,000 on kid’s programs in our communities – three four year college scholarships, $30,000 in books, care kits for new foster kids, PACE school for girls, etc., etc. Please buy a wreath to help our kid’s programs and to honor a vet.

Do a good deed right now and feel proud of yourself for the rest of the day.

WWW.BarrancasWreaths.com

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Thanks for passing this along. My uncle’s marker is there and with the entry restrictions we don’t get out as often as we should.
    Barrancas National Cemetery is open to visitation from sunrise to sunset, we do not currently have any other entry restrictions. Because Barrancas National Cemetery is on NAS Pensacola, you will need to get a base visitors pass at the main gate, at the end of Navy Blvd.

Barrancas National Cemetery is open to visitation from sunrise to sunset, we do not currently have any other entry restrictions. Because Barrancas National Cemetery is on NAS Pensacola, you will need to get a base visitors pass at the main gate, at the end of Navy Blvd.

Understood. What I mean is that it is no longer open access like the museum/lighthouse.

Depending on time of day, the wait at the main gate to get a visitors pass can be over an hour, unless things have changed. You have to have ID, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance for them to process a pass (or used to.)

Top Bottom