• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say make your own, there are a bunch of great benches posted and you will enjoy it more. I made mine with 60 bucks in material 2 nights and a 12vr of beer. I made it a bit taller then some so when working on smaller stuff I can see it better and at night I can comfortably drink beer at it.

Attachments

• IMG_20140723_171130_196.jpg
      IMG_20140723_171130_196.jpg
      122.7 KB · Views: 63

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just for another option here's how I built one of my workbenches. This top is extremely strong and built with one single sheet though you would need more for a larger top.

The results I needed on this one was for it to be absolutely flat and stay that way. Final assembly was done on a machined all cast metal propeller indexing table but not needed if you're building it for reloading or general work.

Basically, its a honeycomb design. The stringers and cross pieces were run through my thickness planer to be sure all pieces were the exact same height. Glue and screw to one side, place the top on and repeat. I left some overhang for clamping.

Attachments

• thumb-Worktable 021.jpg
      thumb-Worktable 021.jpg
      6.9 KB · Views: 49
    • Worktable 019.jpg
      Worktable 019.jpg
      184.7 KB · Views: 50

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys. Its really not hard in the least. My requirement was not so much strength as for it to stay dimensionally stable and extremely flat for building RC airplane wings. You can't have any twists, bows or bends in them or the model won't fly worth a crap, or even much, MUCH worse you show up at the field and Rick (Shootnstarz) will inspect it and laugh, ridicule and mock you till you're too ashamed to fly.:hail:

J/K Rick. Maybe.

If anyone wants to build one like this I'm happy to run the stringer pieces through my machine. We can even assemble it at the house.

Top Bottom