• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Good morning . My friend picked up a Winchester 94 recently . It is a saddle ring carbine , but has a gold Daniel Boone medallion/ coin in the stock . Scrolling on the receiver and a gold loading gate . I’ve searched the archives and other sources but nothing data wise as to series or production date . It does have some wear but is in great condition . He bought is as an occasional shooter , not a collectible piece . Anybody know anything about them ? Thanks .

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Would Winchester have honored someone with a commemorative rifle that lived and died more than a century (1734-1820) before the rifle was invented? I'm not disputing it's authenticity, just asking the question. There are at least 3 Winchester museums (Cody Wyoming) maybe more around the country that might be able to shed some light on the question if your friend is interested.

1664116577733.png

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Good question . I cant find anything in their published archives . I did find a Winchester 94 Antique Carbine with the same scrolling on the receiver with a saddle ring and a gold loading gate . The Medallion could be an add on by someone . I don’t think it is a commemorative edition .

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at the serial number most of the Winchester commemoratives have associating letters in the serial number. This is a L
    20220925_125107.jpg
    egendary Frontiersman in 38-55

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Winchester 94 It is a saddle ring carbine , but has a gold Daniel Boone medallion/ coin in the stock . Scrolling on the receiver and a gold loading gate .
    Was the coin set in stock at the factory or was it done by the last owner? Or was it done so well you can't tell?

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Was the coin set in stock at the factory or was it done by the last owner? Or was it done so well you can't tell?
    From his pictures , it is inset in the stock . It looks professionally done like from the factory , but could have been done by someone else .

Top Bottom