Patriot Mobile

Will have wild hog(s) Tuesday morning if you want one for eating.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got trapped hogs. Normally there isn't much notice, but due to the mud and on and off rain, they'll be OK until killed tomorrow. They will be killed Tuesday morning about 6am. If anyone wants one to clean and butcher, let me know. I'll pick one for you and bring it to my house in Allentown. You can meet me there about 8am and pick it up. It will be whole, not cleaned or cut up, other than I'll wash off any mud on it and cool it down with water.

5758F252-9C9F-4770-A5A2-C08D1FD73F71.jpeg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Turned out to be 6 boars (including the largest hog there) and 3 sows. There was also a football running around outside the pen, but it took off when I tried to shoot it. Property owner wanted some backstraps, so we partially cleaned all but the biggest one, and the 3 of us each brought home backstraps.

The biggest had a large set of gonads and scars from fighting, but his cutters were very small. Some scars are visible in the below photo. There are more hogs out there, as the owner saw 4 in the peanuts at 05:45 this morning as he drove to where we were meeting.

Earlier there was a thread on .223/5.56 on hogs. I asked the owner. He said he uses whatever ammo is in his rifle to shoot them, M193, M855, or expanding bullets, but then he's shooting trapped ones. Today they were shot with suppressed subsonic Blackout (me), and the other shooter was using 45 acp with 230gr hardball. The 45 would kill, but the hit had to be CNS. The same as with my non expanding Blackout rounds, but I had an advantage of using a rifle with an Eotech and sighted in for 30'. It's just dispatching them as humanely as we can.

599BCD57-89AE-4827-98F0-B8490814CD41.jpeg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If there is ever a time that I am set up to take one I would volunteer to go out and help and I would show up. It is a lot of work and time

I was talking to LeeBo other day and he thought that there could be some in the creek that runs by my house n woodbine hills that would be a concern if they went through the fence and got got attacked by my dogs. Inexperienced dogs with no body armor could get badly injured by hogs.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I quit trying to give them away a long time ago. it some how never works out and you end up disposing of them by yourself. I just go back in the morning and drag them off with the tractor.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've been trying to figure out where to go hog hunting with my girl but yall trap em hmm

Top Bottom