• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Now that you said that I just limited my profile. LOL

I think most of us old timers been on here long enough that most everyone knows us anyways. I never look at profiles anyway. If you are gonna do business talking on the phone goes along way. I can figure out real quick if I even want to look at you. :)
    Aye I have been happy to start fielding calls lately as I feel very much the same way nowadays.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I look to see something the member posted but can't remember where it's at. I'll search profile on most to find info.... nothing personal, just previous posts and threads on the forum. Some folks you can't. I post a lot of gun deals from the interwebs.....hard to not share a good deal. I get people message me all the time wanting to buy. I don't have it for sale. Lol. Maybe I should limit mine now.
    It really doesn't matter to me either way. Everyone has their own thing.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I didn't know that you could do that.. ha.

Yea post search on a name tells me what someone has and how active they are.

That and what about yourself on here do you feel you need to "limit"... that's odd in itself.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    You're touched in the head, young and naive and/or bonafide not paying attention for the last 30 years if you think you can hide anything from any kind of oversight nowadays. Go watch the Snowden movie. It will blow your mind and wake you right the F up

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am curious why some would limit their profile on here? Personally, as it pertains to firearms, I immediately perceive that as a reason not to deal with someone. Even more so when they have low numbers of messages and/or their join date simply is not that long ago.

Am I being too harsh? Thoughts?
    Yeah, you're being a bit over the top here. Some good answers to your question but one that's not covered is that some of us have guidelines from our employers concerning how much information we can put online. You have a world of active military and people employed by the military or people that work for the many military contractors around here. We have yearly classes on this kind of stuff. 'nuff said!

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, you're being a bit over the top here. Some good answers to your question but one that's not covered is that some of us have guidelines from our employers concerning how much information we can put online. You have a world of active military and people employed by the military or people that work for the many military contractors around here. We have yearly classes on this kind of stuff. 'nuff said!
    OPSEC is all what you put in your profile also... tell me where I work and live based on my profile here.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Enough already people choose what they want to put on here you choose how you want to deal with it. I'm not going to enter into any kind of transaction without talking to someone personally on the phone. Texting and email is find to get information. But no phone call no deal.

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Classic example of someone I wont deal with. If you have to hide your posting history, which allows others to see your interaction with the rest of the members, then I can only wonder what else your hiding.
    As I've said before, this is a forums, nothing more. No reason to hide anything on a forums.

Last I'll say about it. Several people agree with my point of view and the ones that don't cant seem to give a valid reason for it and simply want to be standoffish. Reminds me of politics. Nuts to that.

-GW

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom