• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not written by me but it's pretty fitting.

Why I carry a gun.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I am too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin!

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not written by me but it's pretty fitting.

Why I carry a gun.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I am too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin!

And like your signature says.... I'm too old to fight.

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i to carry for the reasons above and i have seen this world change a lot in the past 20+ years that made me start carrying a gun on me .

i use to just rely on my size and strength to deter things ,not the case nowadays , that does not work in todays type of crime thinking :fear:

i had all the proper paper work and class to carry a gun 30+ years ago but never thought i would ever have the need to carry a gun on me
    (now there has ALWAYS been one in the truck from the time i was old enough to have it there as i drove all over for oil field work)
    but then i noticed the bad growing out of control stop and rob clerks being killed for $20 and the thugs have no value on your life only on their life ,so only then did i opp to start carrying a gun on my person 9 years ago now .
    i think it is a sad thing that we even think we have to carry it daily for whatever reason we put on it , could be i'm older now and more informed or it could be there is too much crime around and the odds are good now you will become a victim of some type of violent crime before you die that ripe old age as we once thought we would.

ones that think the police or government ,will or have a duty to protect you
    are FOOLS waiting to be victims:frusty:

MY .02 ON IT

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well said thanks for sharing and also with XD, size use to be a deterrent, but todays thugs and wannabe thugs don't care and will shoot you just to have a story to tell in prison. I believe too many people have listened to the media perspective on the carry issue and we find ourselves on the defensive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a gun because I love and cherish my family. I've seen what happens when thugs move in packs. I refuse to become their victim.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I do because my wife and 5 girls are counting on me to protect them in the 0.0001% chance that it may be necessary. Even odds that small are not worth the gamble to not be prepared in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back in the old westerns, the good guys wore white, and the back guys wore black. You could always tell them apart. We don't live in an old western movie. It is harder and harder to tell the good guys from the bad guys. There is no longer a dress code. You have to be ready to protect yourself and the ones you love. I am ready.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know. It doesn't cover every BG but a black hoodie when it's 92 degrees means don't take your eyes off of them. Dreadlocks means unsnap your holster.

Top Bottom