• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A navy man giving shooting lessons? I would think you could be giving sailing lessons and a Marine could be helping others out at the range....
    It would seem logical that a Marine should be the one helping others on the range, yet most of them found the USMC Precision Rifle Training Course of Fire to difficult. You wouldn't believe how many Exemplary Marines never managed to earn a Secondary 8541 MOS. Now the Navy doesn't even recognize course completion as worthy of an NEC, and the course of fire is merely a prerequisite to further training. But the Navy requires the same annual minimum small arms Qualification for Instructor Qualifiers as the Marine Schoolhouse. Why a Squid has to keep current I can't for the life of me understand? (LOL) Even worse, the Navy makes you Qualify on the 1K Range with an M14, (perhaps the Navy definition of an M14 isn't quite USMC/ARMY jargon?) Now everyone knows how slopply an M14 is when compared to an M40 at the 1K Known Range? (LOL)

Yup I crewed on a few ( https://www.cycracetomackinac.com/) sailboats but I didn't earn a Captains License till I was a Sailboat Owning Civilian.But perhaps I expected a stronger jab based on my Avatar? So I'll enclose a couple of attachments.

The second is for Snake-Eyes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The S&W 1911 is beautiful, but the 13 Round Mag of my Glock 21SF is the real "Thing of Beauty" ! (JMHO)
    frogman.jpg
    S&W1911.jpg

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've had my fill of CA,NY, & All the other's that have no Southern Roots! Wanted to converse with folks close enough that we could meet face to face on a range or in a pub. Bachelors in Adult Education Degree, (BAD) 3 decades of Naval Special Warfare Combat Experience, and a half lineage documented within the Library of Congress. (Davie, Davies, Davis, Wales & America) The other half of my lineage is pure NAZI surviving Polish Immigrant. So after ticking off every Yankee Moderator I've ever had the pleasure to keystroke, figured it was time to honestly share the accumulated Government training with the folks that paid the bill. Not to mention that my Spouse's lineage goes back to Capt Mayard (Mayflower) and has a little French Canadian (Bougie) tossed in to add flavor. So those in need of honest instruction that have meet me across the keyboard have all managed to increase thier extra long range scores regardless of my gruff mannerisms. But I figured it was time to stay close to Home and share what I've been Government Trained to do with folks that could actually meet me face to face and learn or dispute my opinions on the range or a local Pub. Basically, I've had enough of internet Commando's! I want to converse with folks that can witness, attest, and post Range Targets that other local folks can believe in, not to mention strive to achieve.

So why am I here?
    To share what I've actually done, been Government Trained to do, and drive Y'all to be better Men, Marksmen, and Patriots then I have been. America needs Y'all, I'm nothing more than a "Has Been" but I'm rapidly bored with folks that have never been keystroking others into "Fantasyland"! My lessons are earned in Patriotic Blood, and like Post Operational Debriefs they might not be what Y'all what to hear! But I promise to speak the truth and nothing but the truth God help Me!

Perhaps I have Divulged to much?
    Yankee Moderators would probably shut me down at this point, but US real folks want to know what I'm passing along? So it's time to be local folks, and I only request that Y'all be all ears! I promise to be a one on one instructor should Y'all be close close enough to meet me at a local range for instruction????????????

See your across the state from where I’m at and across the river from where I spent my summers growing up, working on my uncle’s place mowing the grass and helping out with the chicken barn all 300’ of it 7 days a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    See your across the state from where I’m at and across the river from where I spent my summers growing up, working on my uncle’s place mowing the grass and helping out with the chicken barn all 300’ of it 7 days a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I grew up where the Mississippi meets the Ohio, Abe Lincoln and Jeff Davis both spent thier youths there, and I still yearn for the land between Monkey's Eyebrow & Possum Trot. () While it ain't Cracker Country, incarceration has a tendency to adjust ones upbringing!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now about those Biblical quotes, perhaps we need to be quoting the same Bible? (anyone ever read the Torah?)

Let's begin at the beginning, The New American Bible (King James ain't a Saint or Profit that the Roman Catholic "THE CHURCH" recognizes. Even the Anglican Church refutes His Apostolic writings,I.E. Lutheran Doctrine! ) Baptist & Protestants not withstanding! Now how much division can Y'all stand?1/2 W.A.S.P. Lineage notwithstanding!

"In the beginning " skip a few "The first day." So a Military Day Begins at 0001, but when does a biblical day end/begin?????????? (The Book of GENESIS)
    Open the Bible/Tora whatever, what is the start/end of a New Day? Lets agree to agree on at least the beginning before we accept others perceptions of what's honestly written prior to quoting self serving quotations from questionable interpretations?

Sundown is the Biblical Start/End of a "New Day"! (answer)
    If in doubt, try reading comprehension 101!
    Synopsis: All was dark, then there was light, the beginning of a New Day. The New Day begins & Ends at Sunset for this education Thank an Israeli. Now about the Sabbath?

How many more reading comprehension lessons do Y'all Biblical Quoting typists want to withstand?????????

Ignorance is curable with enough teaching, Arrogance is not. (MATTHEW Chapter 6, prior to the Lords Prayer for the uneducated and willing to learn!)

Last edited:

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    So not that many years ago a friend asked me to go to the range and shoot. I grew up around guns (my Dad and Uncle were cops), but the only gun I had was one of my Dad’s that never came out of the safe. (Turns out it was an S&W model 52). I loved the range trip. After a couple trips - bought my first gun. My Dad had been a bullseye shooter so I wanted to look in to competition. I found IDPA at ERGC and someone told me about this forum. I quickly found out how little I knew. No matter how dumb the question - you guys always try to give a good answer - with the occasional sarcasm thrown in. Here to learn and now that I know a little - to pay it back when I can.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please don’t use JMHO after every thing you post . We know you are stating what you believe to be true.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please don’t use JMHO after every thing you post . We know you are stating what you believe to be true.
    But I am requesting what you differ from my opinion that you believe to be true, no matter how erroneous I believe that y"alls opinion are! (LOL) So we can actually debate on air perspectives on this network without repercusiones? So perhaps Y'all should perceive Just My Humble Opinion is a perspective based on actual History! So when I ad JMHO perhaps it ain't so Humble, but perhaps Y'all ain't experienced my Humble Opinion yet? But come the day you do? It may make a little more sense to folks that actually have experienced the experience. But since you ain't the one, you have no experience to have a Humble Opinion About. So for those that ain't you, and have actually done deeds, I interject my JMHO. Live with it FLT!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I grew up where the Mississippi meets the Ohio, Abe Lincoln and Jeff Davis both spent thier youths there, and I still yearn for the land between Monkey's Eyebrow & Possum Trot. () While it ain't Cracker Country, incarceration has a tendency to adjust ones upbringing!

Edit I don’t know what happened
    MarkS
    I fell asleep on the banks of the Mississippi once but that was south of Baton Rouge while the instrument man was trying to learn how to use an older Theodolite. Raised up on the Yellow River and went hungry the summer when I was 8. Went to work when I was 9 and my family has never gone hungry since

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But I am requesting what you differ from my opinion that you believe to be true, no matter how erroneous I believe that y"alls opinion are! (LOL) So we can actually debate on air perspectives on this network without repercusiones? So perhaps Y'all should perceive Just My Humble Opinion is a perspective based on actual History! So when I ad JMHO perhaps it ain't so Humble, but perhaps Y'all ain't experienced my Humble Opinion yet? But come the day you do? It may make a little more sense to folks that actually have experienced the experience. But since you ain't the one, you have no experience to have a Humble Opinion About. So for those that ain't you, and have actually done deeds, I interject my JMHO. Live with it FLT!

Well , you’re certainly welcome to your opinion . Being lucky enough to survive the navy seems to be your greatest accomplishment. So there is that. JMHO

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have noticed in my long life,that some people have more real world expierances than others. Some have not really been out in the real world. And even if they have,they have only been subjected to the good side of man. Only had sweet,beautiful,glorious expierances. Have only seen a beautiful,spectacular sunrise and sunset.
    Some have seen the sunrise and sunset associated with other things that make mother natures expierances seem a lot less spectacular. Some people have seen the beautiful big moon shineing above the tracers or napalm. Some have considered the full moon to be a hinderance rather than something beautiful to be sat and stared at.
    This is fine with me. IT REALLY IS !! Just as long as those people realize that while they were out camping at Yellowstone or Yosemite,sitting around a campfire,singing John Denver songs,somewhere in the world,other Americans were fighting,killing,and dying,for their freedoms.
    Sadly - - -> nowadays most do not. In fact they are even arrogant about it. They are of the attitude that nobody has ever done anything,or been more important than themselves.
    These could be some good people,however I really feel sorry for them. They are "shallow individuals".
    - - - - -> JMHO < - - - - - SAWMAN
    ADDED: Some people have never been or done anything beyond being the official spell checker or punctuation checker on some little known political (gun) forum. Good for them. Good job.

Last edited:

meljel1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now about those Biblical quotes, perhaps we need to be quoting the same Bible? (anyone ever read the Torah?)

Let's begin at the beginning, The New American Bible (King James ain't a Saint or Profit that the Roman Catholic "THE CHURCH" recognizes. Even the Anglican Church refutes His Apostolic writings,I.E. Lutheran Doctrine! ) Baptist & Protestants not withstanding! Now how much division can Y'all stand?1/2 W.A.S.P. Lineage notwithstanding!

"In the beginning " skip a few "The first day." So a Military Day Begins at 0001, but when does a biblical day end/begin?????????? (The Book of GENESIS)
    Open the Bible/Tora whatever, what is the start/end of a New Day? Lets agree to agree on at least the beginning before we accept others perceptions of what's honestly written prior to quoting self serving quotations from questionable interpretations?

Sundown is the Biblical Start/End of a "New Day"! (answer)
    If in doubt, try reading comprehension 101!
    Synopsis: All was dark, then there was light, the beginning of a New Day. The New Day begins & Ends at Sunset for this education Thank an Israeli. Now about the Sabbath?

How many more reading comprehension lessons do Y'all Biblical Quoting typists want to withstand?????????

Ignorance is curable with enough teaching, Arrogance is not. (MATTHEW Chapter 6, prior to the Lords Prayer for the uneducated and willing to learn!)

Loved what ya wrote!

Top Bottom