• RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm hearing that discussions are saying if 80% covered payroll then 80% possible forgiven.... that equates to millions in free money to the already richest people in Pensacola... that list is mostly a Who's Who of our town...I support the loans, do NOT support forgiveness of said loans...

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah, I've been hearing a lot of it is mostly the 1%'ers that are gaining billions in wealth from COVID.

Reactions: FLT

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    After IVAN I got a 30,000 loan from the gov to take care of what wasn't covered by insurance, and it still didn't cover everything.
    No forgiveness at all, no partial payroll credit, nothing free about it at all. I double and tripled up on the payments and paid it back early and never complained.
    After Katrina I witnessed the gov handing out pre-loaded credit cards for thousands each up to 5,000 with no payback. It was just Free money handed out. Mostly in New Orleans and coastal Mississippi. I was there.
    In not on the Who's Who list so I guess, and never figured I'd scam the gov., and it looks like Im the minority of hard working, taxpaying independent business owners that aren't big enough or crooked enough or maybe smart enough to reap the bounty of the handouts. And I'm wondering why we have to pay for all these big shots that took advantage.
    A lot of these folks didn't miss a lick of business, and they scored hundreds of thousands and millions. Ok, I know it's probably legal, not accusing any of them of wrongdoing, just hate that they soak up our money that's really not free because we have to pay for it..
    However, Im still glad Im not a shyster.
    Im for the loans, but not the forgiveness.
    And before you slam the hammer down, I agree some needed the money, but it shouldn't be free.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I personally know a few people on that list and their business is thriving! Has not been directly affected from covid yet.

And neither has the concrete supply. Construction was busy before all of this and it's booming still

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If it’s offered and you qualify then you are stupid not to take it.

We got it, we used it to pay almost a months payroll, and we will not have to pay it back.

Could we have survived with out it - yes. Do we pay more in taxes every year than we got - yes.

Do I feel bad - NO.

We are not on that list either because the company is out of Baton Rouge.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I think the ones I was most surprised at were the churches. They typically are not businesses and taxed I as far as I know. Wonder how does that fit in the separation of church and state mentality/policy?
    There is no separation of church and state. There just cannot be a state religion...

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    There is no separation of church and state. There just cannot be a state religion...

Not sure it is that simple, so did a quick search:

Top result stated: " The United States Supreme Court has said that faith-based organizations may not use direct government support to support "inherently religious" activities. Basically, it means you cannot use any part of a direct Federal grant to fund religious worship, instruction, or proselytization."

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I applied but got turned down. Guess I’m not influential enough. It hurt my business pretty bad. We worked almost like normal, we just couldn’t sell anything because everything was closed, so I loaded up freezers. As soon as they announced the extra unemployment benefits I had several people quit, this allowed the rest of my workers to keep working at full capacity even though sales dropped. A forgiven loan would’ve been nice to help pay labor costs, electric bills, and other costs that I paid just trying to keep my workers going.
    It’s not just the companies taking advantage and looking for handouts either. How many are still working but drawing unemployment? Or they just walked away from the job? In early March I had 14 workers, I’m down to 9 now and two of those are new hires. I had one ask if I would pay cash, a couple that are collecting while still working.
    I had one ask me
    “When is she suppose to stop collecting UE?”
    I responded
    “that since we never stopped working you were never suppose to file.”
    I told her that I get notified whenever someone files and I respond truthfully, but that the system is so overwhelmed they’re just giving money out and saying that they will go after them later.
    Abuse of the system is rampant though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it’s offered and you qualify then you are stupid not to take it.

We got it, we used it to pay almost a months payroll, and we will not have to pay it back.

Could we have survived with out it - yes. Do we pay more in taxes every year than we got - yes.

Do I feel bad - NO.

We are not on that list either because the company is out of Baton Rouge.
    I'm in the same boat. I'm not on the list because i'm in Santa Rosa County. I took the money more for not knowing what was coming or if the government was going to shut everything down. I have 2 people out right now with Covid-19 and they are still getting paid as well as all my other employees. I don't feel bad at all about taking it. The one's who didn't take it are down right crazy. The money I got was used 100% for payroll.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I applied but got turned down. Guess I’m not influential enough. It hurt my business pretty bad. We worked almost like normal, we just couldn’t sell anything because everything was closed, so I loaded up freezers. As soon as they announced the extra unemployment benefits I had several people quit, this allowed the rest of my workers to keep working at full capacity even though sales dropped. A forgiven loan would’ve been nice to help pay labor costs, electric bills, and other costs that I paid just trying to keep my workers going.
    It’s not just the companies taking advantage and looking for handouts either. How many are still working but drawing unemployment? Or they just walked away from the job? In early March I had 14 workers, I’m down to 9 now and two of those are new hires. I had one ask if I would pay cash, a couple that are collecting while still working.
    I had one ask me
    “When is she suppose to stop collecting UE?”
    I responded
    “that since we never stopped working you were never suppose to file.”
    I told her that I get notified whenever someone files and I respond truthfully, but that the system is so overwhelmed they’re just giving money out and saying that they will go after them later.
    Abuse of the system is rampant though.

You need a better accountant or a better bank. We had no issues.

Those who get UE and work or who quit to get UE will get in trouble once all this shakes out. They will likely be hit with garnishments.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Those who get UE and work or who quit to get UE will get in trouble once all this shakes out. They will likely be hit with garnishments.

If I remember correctly I was denied because I showed a loss for 19
    So i think my accountant is doing just fine.
    My bank only has 10 branches, I don’t like bigger banks, no customer service

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

yea, heaven forbid the bottom dwellers trying to get free money... that's only for the privileged who are scamming the system...

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If I remember correctly I was denied because I showed a loss for 19
    So i think my accountant is doing just fine.
    My bank only has 10 branches, I don’t like bigger banks, no customer service

We use a small bank too - only 2 branches.

If you showed a loss then you pay no taxes which is good at the end of the day! I believe the forgiveness comes in as a tax credit - So no taxes, no forgiveness (but don’t hold me to that as I am not an accountant or tax expert but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night)

Top Bottom