Target Sports

Where to sell scrap range brass (Pensacola)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dber2c

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I have a decent amount of scrap (crushed and dented) brass and spent primers that I was looking to take to a recycling center to get some money for, but I went to SA recycling in Pensacola and they said they could not take it. Does anyone know of another recycling center in the area that will take it? Thank

Med24

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @dber2c - did wise take it? I'm in the same boat - looking for a place to buy mine.

RobertTaylor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Definitely go there. They paid way more than the place in East Milton did. Sold them a ton of brass and a bucket of lead bullets I picked out of the sand where I used to shoot

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wise recycling on Hwy 59 in Foley takes it. I dropped off a 100 lbs of spent brass on Tuesday. They were only paying $1.27 a pound. Last month we got $1.86 a pound.

Richard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Well I just got back from Advanced Environmental recycling in Bay Minette AL. Two weeks ago $1.75 per pound for rifle brass that was deprimed. Today the owner wasn’t there. Told the worker when he called him to make sure he new that there are no primers. The worker has very bad English and I don’t think he told him. Went to the cashier. And she offered me sixty cents a pound. I smiled and said give me my brass back. I will throw it in the garbage first. Online the nation average was $1.80 a pound. On Friday. Will try again when the owner is there. But I’m going to give him a piece of my mind. How in the world did he come up with sixty cents?

Last edited:

Med24

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What’s a estimate a full bucket of brass fetch at the scrap yard?
    It's still running about 1.70/lb. I used the one on Hope Drive above. Didn't have any problems. Throw the bucket on a scale and you will get a close estimate.

dirty25

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Metal Recycling Inc in FWB took my range scrap today. $1.95 LB was todays price. I’d say $110 a full bucket was what I got.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My son was between jobs so I gave him the 56 pounds of fired with spent primers in place I’d saved up…not reloadable due to berdan or split cases. Wise paid him $1.96 a pound. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Top Bottom