• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, I hate AAC at this point. I bought into a supressor company that was supposed to be legit, dependable, etc....were supposed to stand the test of time....but they didnt.

Anyone got them 51t adapters? Anyone seen any in stock anywhere? Looking specifically for 5/8x24, hopefully a flash hider. But at this point, I'm willing to entertain 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 so I dont go through this again....for a minute.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had jogan ask for a buddy of his. I checked ebay too but they were all at covid prices. They're listed at my distributors but not in stock.

FWIW. I sent my sdn-6 to Ecco machine and had him convert it to the 1.375x24 thread pattern that the newer cans are using. That was my last 51t can. Now it's compatible with all my other mounts. He did nice work and it was just over a week door to door. $200. It was worth it to get the can in line with the rest of my stuff.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have seen his work. I originally intended to use the 51t mounts to be able to use the can on multiple different hosts including a multitude of different thread pitch barrels, hah. This of course was my first suppressor, I now have more.

All that I've used it on have been the 5/8x24 thread 30cal based barrels to this point and I really dont see any reason to use it on anything other than the intended 30cal purpose.

To be honest, I could sell the 4-5 51t devices ($150-200ea seems to be the numbers) I have for current market prices, have the conversion completed, and pick up a 556 can as well, hahaha. Crazy

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have seen his work. I originally intended to use the 51t mounts to be able to use the can on multiple different hosts including a multitude of different thread pitch barrels, hah. This of course was my first suppressor, I now have more.

All that I've used it on have been the 5/8x24 thread 30cal based barrels to this point and I really dont see any reason to use it on anything other than the intended 30cal purpose.

To be honest, I could sell the 4-5 51t devices ($150-200ea seems to be the numbers) I have for current market prices, have the conversion completed, and pick up a 556 can as well, hahaha. Crazy

When I had the work done I did what you mentioned and sold my remaining 51t mounts on ebay. It was pre covid so they went for about half of what they're listing now but it funded the work and then some. I've got a direct thread option instead of having to use a QD. You can still do the QD route if you want but now you've got more choices.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I may get on that list. It's a crying shame really though. This sounds completely naive, but I like the threading it down and the ratcheting sound. It's nostalgic, makes me feel like I'm a cool dude in a movie, hahahaha.

I know at some point, there was another manufacturer making 51t stuff as well, I just cant recall who it was.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about the keymo mount that Dead Air offers? Or am I reading this wrong?

I'm considering this, but then its more devices to purchase v. having a direct thread conversion done.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm considering this, but then its more devices to purchase v. having a direct thread conversion done.
    The conversion I had done isn't only direct thread. You end up with the un official standard 1.375x24 pattern female threads on the back of the can. That pattern will take keymo, direct thread, plan B, plan A, yhm etc, ASR etc

Yes, new mounts and muzzle devices will cost some more, but you can take your pick and get them or continue to play the ebay/GB game or hope to find one for under $150. You can get 2 yhm or ASR mounts for that. Slightly more for key-mo or DA's new xeno.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I feel your pain, as I have 2 suppressors with 51T pattern mounts. Several rifles configured with AAC 51T mounts. I saw this crash coming with AAC / Remington went under and purchased some spares.

Here is a place that has some in stock for about $140/per.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Is this what you need? Note: When looking at the threaded end, you can see a slight bend in the thin part near the end of where the flat is from when it was installed, but when screwed onto the muzzle, the slight bend does not touch the bbl. FWIW, it was like that when I got the rifle it was on. 5/8x24 with 51 teeth. Just tried it on a Ruger threaded 5/8x24, and it threaded right on with just finger pressure.

Just looked at Ebay and wow! OK, here's my "deal": I will trade it to ksenter for 1 big size Snickers bar or 2 regular size Snickers bars. Mini or bite size Snickers bars do not count, I want the full size or more.

ADB38075-25EF-433E-8ECD-3349EB64495E.jpeg
    7D89A1BC-C512-4554-8A65-45DBD1A40D73.jpeg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nate,

If ksenter (since I offered it to him first) passes, it's yours. Note: The rifle coming for me has been delayed in shipment (darn it!). Will keep you informed when I see it is really getting here.

Bruce

Latest posts

Top Bottom