• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rebel_Rider1969 said:

I've got 600 rds 9mm in reserve. When I see it for $1 a round its gone.

CTD-Winchester White box $68.55 for 50 rounds + shipping. Time to sell!
    Sell for a lot now and then you need it later pay even more to buy it back.

If Biden gets in, he might make ammo even harder to get and everybody will be selling their right gonad and offering up their daughters for ammo.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I have enough supplies on hand to roll my own ammo and shoot for the rest of my life. ..not even considering my current factory ammo stash. I might just have to live a few extra years just to have time to burn it all up . For .22 LR, I'll need to live to about 130 or so :p

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I definitely plan to sell a few things after the election. The "normal" price will double over night if the election goes badly, which unfortunately I think it will.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At 70 cents around , I’ll sell all that I have.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Current prices are certainly making it tempting to sell some ammo...for me, maybe some 9mm, but .22 LR especially. Hmmm, maybe some 5.56.......yes, very tempting.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm thankful I always stock up when prices are good, there's generally not a time I walk into Bass Pro that I don't check their ammo supply and prices and pick something up no matter how much of it I already have. Helps during times like this because honestly it is a capitalist society but if you're one of those guys that buys ammo cheap and then tries to sell it at an elevated price for profit I won't be doing business with you. As @FLT stated he's not a cheap whore but when it comes to buying ammo I am a cheap whore and only buy ammo when I can get it cheap by my standards which generally means on sale below regular retail price!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I stocked up years back but I’m more concerned about my ability in the future to replace ammo than I am about making a few bucks through selling it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stocked up years back but I’m more concerned about my ability in the future to replace ammo than I am about making a few bucks through selling it right now.

If Biden and gang for example stop the import russian etc type ammo, expect a big up swing in pricing for ammo that is here.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If Biden and gang for example stop the import russian etc type ammo, expect a big up swing in pricing for ammo that is here.

Or they could place a tax on Ammo, or require a background check to purchase ammo. Who knows what they can dream up but I can earn more money, however I might not be able to purchase more ammo.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only gouging is below!!! Period!!! You can't gouge on ammo!!!! No such thing!!!! It's so tiring to listen to this BS. If you want to sell it at a price and someone buys it, it's commerce and market value! The only things protected are below!

Title XXXIII
    REGULATION OF TRADE, COMMERCE, INVESTMENTS, AND SOLICITATIONS
    Chapter 501
    CONSUMER PROTECTION
    View Entire Chapter
    501.160 Rental or sale of essential commodities during a declared state of emergency; prohibition against unconscionable prices.—
    (1) As used in this section:
    (a) “Commodity” means any goods, services, materials, merchandise, supplies, equipment, resources, or other article of commerce, and includes, without limitation, food, water, ice, chemicals, petroleum products, and lumber necessary for consumption or use as a direct result of the emergency.
    (b) It is prima facie evidence that a price is unconscionable if:
    1. The amount charged represents a gross disparity between the price of the commodity or rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility that is the subject of the offer or transaction and the average price at which that commodity or dwelling unit or self-storage facility was rented, leased, sold, or offered for rent or sale in the usual course of business during the 30 days immediately prior to a declaration of a state of emergency, unless the increase in the amount charged is attributable to additional costs incurred in connection with the rental or sale of the commodity or rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility, or regional, national, or international market trends; or
    2. The amount charged grossly exceeds the average price at which the same or similar commodity was readily obtainable in the trade area during the 30 days immediately prior to a declaration of a state of emergency, unless the increase in the amount charged is attributable to additional costs incurred in connection with the rental or sale of the commodity or rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility, or regional, national, or international market trends.
    (2) Upon a declaration of a state of emergency by the Governor, it is unlawful and a violation of s. 501.204 for a person or her or his agent or employee to rent or sell or offer to rent or sell at an unconscionable price within the area for which the state of emergency is declared, any essential commodity including, but not limited to, supplies, services, provisions, or equipment that is necessary for consumption or use as a direct result of the emergency. This prohibition is effective not to exceed 60 days under the initial declared state of emergency as defined in s. 252.36(2) and shall be renewed by statement in any subsequent renewals of the declared state of emergency by the Governor.
    (3) It is unlawful and a violation of s. 501.204 for any person to impose unconscionable prices for the rental or lease of any dwelling unit or self-storage facility during a period of declared state of emergency.
    (4) A price increase approved by an appropriate government agency shall not be a violation of this section.
    (5) This section shall not apply to sales by growers, producers, or processors of raw or processed food products, except for retail sales of such products to the ultimate consumer within the area of the declared state of emergency.
    (6) Nothing herein shall be interpreted to preempt the powers of local government except that the evidentiary standards and defenses contained in this section shall be the only evidentiary standards and defenses used in any ordinance adopted by local government to restrict price gouging during a declared state of emergency.
    (7) Section 501.211 notwithstanding, nothing in this section creates a private cause of action in favor of any person damaged by a violation of this section.
    (8) Any violation of this section may be enforced by the office of the state attorney or the Department of Legal Affairs.
    (9) Upon a declaration of a state of emergency by the Governor, in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of residents, any person who offers goods and services for sale to the public during the duration of the emergency and who does not possess a business tax receipt under s. 205.032 or s. 205.042 commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. During a declared emergency, this subsection does not apply to religious, charitable, fraternal, civic, educational, or social organizations. During a declared emergency and when there is an allegation of price gouging against the person, failure to possess a license constitutes reasonable cause to detain the person, provided that the detention shall only be made in a reasonable manner and only for a reasonable period of time sufficient for an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the failure to possess a license.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 92-353; s. 627, ch. 97-103; s. 28, ch. 2002-295; s. 1, ch. 2005-283; s. 11, ch. 2006-71; s. 126, ch. 2007-5; s. 3, ch. 2011-56; s. 23, ch. 2011-205.
    Someone should show this to Home Depot and Lowes concerning their lumber prices

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I suppose if someone is really in need (thankfully I'm not) and they kept checking the sites regularly this might be an avenue to pursue.

James Deen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Local gun store selling cci mini mags for 14.99, they are 7.99 at Walmart sill, Had a century arms ak for $799 went back a week later and the same gun was $999. I know it was the same gun because I took a picture of it and it was the same number. I personally call that gouging.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    No such thing as gouging, IMO. If you pay the asking price, it's capitolism. Unfortunate that people have to be put in that predicament, but that's the foundation the country's economy was built on.
    its only gouging when someone you don't like does it................ :eek:

Reactions: FLT
    Top Bottom